Copies

Hello

In Inventor, what do you think is the best way to copy a set and then prevent this copy from changing if you change the source document (part), for example?

In fact, one can remove the links without removing the settings?

Uh, not very clear...

But hey, under Inventor you work with projects, so if you have the "project1" and you copy it by renaming it "project2". Your two projects are independent. any modification in one has no effect on the other.

Hoping I helped you

Bastien

Yes, but that's a lot of files. I wondered if we couldn't "freeze" an image (the copy), while continuing to modify the original.

Okay I've never used that but I think the derive function should help you see the jpg joins.

After the help of Inventor can do the rest (I don't have too much time to look at it)

Bastien

deriver.jpg

The best is to use Vault and make a design copy.

It is possible in the assembly to go through "copy", "new assembly" and then choose the parts to copy, rename them and add suffixes, etc. The only problem is that Inventor will copy everything to the original directory which is a hassle in my opinion.

With Vault, it's much better.

While Vault can be used to do many other things, it's worth using it just to make copies of projects. (my humble opinion)

Bastien, have you ever tried using Vault?

I see in your copy that you have it.... In my opinion, it's the best, isn't it?

Never used but because the need was not felt, moreover being in internship I am not all the network accesses that are fine.

I am a little late in replying.

But if you can't use Vault, the wisest thing to do is to use the ready-to-go on your blend.

Remember to take the idw if you need them.

Pox

What is the purpose of making a copy of an assembly without copying the parts related to it?

If it's to make a backup or in case you want to undo the changes, a good old copy and paste of your entire project folder or better a ready-to-take like the pox676 offers can be enough.

Now the must, it's clear, it's Vault!

Otherwise if it's just to keep in mind how it was before the version, the easiest way is to make a step file of your set.

If you need help with these operations, don't hesitate to ask.