Copy Paste

Hello, I am on Autocad LT 2013 2D and I would like to know how to copy a plan to another knowing that the drawings are on the same key.

2) How do I import an image to my plan?

3) What to do when an object does not want to go BLOCK? No way.

Thank you.

Hello

I don't know the LT version since we have the heavy version, but sometimes I also run into copy-paste issues.

-First of all: have you checked that all the layers are unlocked?

-If yes:

Open the plan concerned then select all, then "copy". if the "Paste" doesn't give anything in the space where you want to paste it, do a "Ctrl V", the insertion will be done just about anywhere, but you can again select and just do a "Paste as block".

-For the object that doesn't want to go into a block: could the "wbloc" command solve your problem?

-Regarding image insertion, you have the command "xr", and then "attach an image".

Good night

Hello dg42330,

There are several ways to do it depending on what you want in the end:

- If you want to retrieve the entities of the drawing, you open the 2 drawings, you select the source objects and then you paste them into the destination drawing.

- If you want to keep the source drawing as 1 single entity, you have 2 solutions:

1- You insert it as a block (insert>insert tab), select your file (browse button) and validate with the desired parameters (scale, etc.)

2- You insert it as an external reference (insertion>attach tab) the principle is the same as for the block.

In the first case (block) the content of the drawing is copied into the new one while in the second (extene ref.), it is just a link. The advantage of the external reference is that you don't load the destination drawing, that if the source is modified these are taken into account. On the other hand, you must keep the source drawing and not move it (unless you correct the link).

For point 2, you copy/paste it into your drawing or apply the same principle as the external reference (supported files :D WG, DWF, DGN, PDF,  JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF)

For point 3, you should specify your question: What type of object? How do you go about saying "not possible"?

A+