Copy Property of a PRT into its DRW Property

Hello

I think that yve is trying to copy the custom property of his part into a custom property of his plan, the ones that are in the "Summary information" dialog box and I don't think it's possible other than by macro, the equivalent of what Mycad tools surely do.

Kind regards

1 Like

See also this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjcPHx2Ff8

@+

d.roger, if that's it I don't really see the point because the personalized of his plan is carried over in the MEP so it's duplicated...

1 Like

AC Cobra 427, yes I don't see the point either but at no time does Yves explain to us why he wants to do this but he surely has a particular need...

1 Like

@ Yve,

In fact, I wanted to know if you had created your custom property only in your room or only in your MEP, or in both.

In short, provided that this is what you are trying to do:

1) I created a "Designation" property in the properties of my part (the SLDPRT file) with the value "blabla",

2) then in the drawing, I "edited the text in the window" (right click on the field)...

... and replaced "Description" with "Designation" (which gives $PRPSHEET:"Designation") and the field displays "blabla".

Kind regards

1 Like

The advantage is that the "Description" property of a SW document can be displayed from Windows Explorer. And when you look for the plan of the engine mount or the washer among a list of documents named "plannumber.slddrw", you don't necessarily want to go digging through the nomenclature every time. For the parts that are named rondellebidule.sldprt, I chose to repeat the nomenclature marker in "Designation"

1 Like

This is important information that we did not have...

It's true that I said what I wanted to do, but not why I wanted to...

Closed topic

And just the one in the room is not enough? See example

description_dans_windows.jpg

Here is the answer to your problem because you have the myCAD tools if I'm not mistaken.

https://176.31.60.163/forum/mise-en-plan/copier-une-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9-de-longlet-personnaliser-dune-pi%C3%A8ce-dans-la-propri%C3%A9t%C3%A9-de-lon

Yes, I know, and I've integrated this into my SmartProperties model.

I have already responded to this proposal:

@ i will survive :

I have Mycad and I created this link function. Simply, I will generate my plans automatically with integration (just put 3 views on the right background and save in the right name), before sending them to subcontractors who will do the quotation. And these subcontractors don't necessarily have myCAD.