Quotation of an unfolded?

Hello

How do I rate the whole of an unfolded? From the edge of the sheet metal to the 1st bend, from the 1st bend to the 2nd, etc.

Hello

In no way do we not what you say on the folded part. It must first be unfolded and then the measurements must be taken flat. 

For you, the  question is rather how to unfold the sheet metal.

The part must be created only with sheet metal features. Do not use extrusion, sweeping...

So thank you, but taking the measurements flat is precisely my question.

I've already created a sheet metal part with the sheet metal functions, and then unfolded the part. Now what I want is to display quotes on this unfolded. Except that apparently the fold lines are not selectable for manual dimensioning. Hence my question; How do I create/display this quote chain?

Hello, you need to display the sketches in the drawing so that the crease lines appear. And you can add the annotations of the folds by right-clicking -> properties -> display the fold notes, in the relevant view.

3 Likes

Hello Sylk,

I do sheet metal work every day, the bending axes are selectable for plan quotation.

You have to use the unfolded view, it doesn't work if you use the unfolded function.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Thank you for your answers.

@a.eriaud I was of course unfolded state, not the function, but in fact I would have liked to have the chain quotes in the PRT viewport, without necessarily going through a drawing. Is this possible? Since the PRT when I click a bend line with the SW(2020.0) crash dimensioning tool...

In the drawing, the chain of quotations does indeed work.

Hello again,

I just did the test on a part in the process of being designed:

1 - Unfolded state

2 - taking the dimension tool in the "Sketch" tab

3 - Choose "Reference Rating"

The bend pins are selectable and I didn't have a crash (SW2022.2).

cotation-dans-prt.png
1 Like

Thank you @a.eriaud, with reference rating it does not actually crash. Perfect.