Dimensioning thread pitch

Hello

On a revolving part, I inserted a thread representation (M10x0.75).

Since this is not the default step, I need to indicate this on my drawing. How do I retrieve the thread representation information on the drawing?

Thanks in advance!

When making your thread by "Thread Assistance" and in the drawing  in annotation, you have "symbol for drilling" where you should retrieve all the information of your thread / thread

5 Likes

For a thread representation, right-click on the 3/4 of a circle (thread) and then insert a symbol. (see attached screenshot)

wx5jltug1s.gif
8 Likes

@sbadenis I'm a fan of your GIFs! A drawing is worth more than a thousand speeches is the perfect representation of this!

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers! Indeed the gifs are super explicit, it's great!

@Ixxs71: I don't know the "thread assist" function; I frequently use the drilling assist and threading function, but none of them are what I want to do.

@sbadenis: OK, it works well on a front view, thanks! Is it also possible on a cross-sectional view (I didn't succeed)?

2 Likes

a picture worth a thousand speeches, see attached image

assistance.png

@s.descamps just right-click on the thread and add the symbol as well (after the position is not great)

@Ixxs71 thanks for the gifs I use ShareX (open source) very complete capture software, which makes screenshots of any type of video, gif, jpeg... and even allows them to be shared quickly online.

1 Like

@sbadenis: This is what I tried to do, but for some unknown reason, I can't select the thin line of the thread (it's always the hatching that is selected)

@s.descamps didn't have any problems for my part the hatching was spaced out enough. Maybe by zooming in more?

But in any case, I don't like the result on a view other than the one offered in the gifs. (Annotation badly placed for my taste)

Yes, I agree, it's not ideal; It's just that my original plan was dimensioned like this and I didn't have room to add an extra view.

1 Like