Cotation intuitive - SW 2013

When switching from sketch mode to extrusion mode, I will want to type directly with the numeric  keypad the depth to give to my extrusion. Because for now, I have to put the cursor in the dimension box (D1).

On the last version we used (SW 2010) it was possible.

Which option should be enabled or disabled to achieve this ?

Example: when I want to make a fold on a sheet metal, this is also the case. After clicking on the crease icon and selecting the edge, I can't directly type in the crease height. 

Hello

I also use SW2013, but I don't have that problem. I can directly enter the extrusion length...

Look at the attached photo it may help you, there is a box "seize the coast"...

capture.jpg

I have the same thing as you.

Try with the sheet metal and make a crease. 

See attached, I wanted to have a 16mm return, but the previous value 74.7366 didn't highlight (blue) and therefore didn't automatically erase. As a result, it was not replaced by the 16mm I wanted.

I do the following:

- Creates a sketch and then closes it

- Select  the extrusion icon

- Select the sketch

And normally I should be able to type only the numeric value.

sw2013_-_metal_sheet.jpg

Hello

In all SolidWorks functions you can't type a value directly without clicking in the corresponding box?

Is it that or is it only in certain functions?

@+

1 Like

I was wrong

no it's the case everywhere

Ok and this has always been the case since the installation of the 2013 or did it happen recently?

I don't see any option that handles this, weird all this...

@+

If you look at your rating see below

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9564/8uvy.png

you put 16 without erasing the previous odds

Your current rating is 1674.73366 mm

@+

@ coyotte: yes because on the SW 2010 and SW 2011 no worries.

We didn't use the 2012 version, that's why I'm surprised!!

@gt 22: look at my question and the discussion that followed.

I read and reread the thread

on the previous copy I posted

we can see your addition of the dimension ((16) number which was placed in front of your previous price 74.7366 

@+ ;-)

@gt22: yes the value 16 is added in front of the starting dimension because the box is not pre-selected. At home, when I do an extrusion, a fold, a removal of material, ... as soon as I type a value on the keyboard it replaces the previous value without manually going to this box, it is "pre-selected in blue", which no longer works with Nicolas T.

What for?

@+

1 Like

@Nicolas T.: When you launch a function, you then select your sketch, and when you are in the function in question, do you have a pre-selected box or none?

@+

I found the box in the attached image must be checked!

@+

selection.jpg

Yes in that sense, it works but only for extrusion but not with the sheet metal module.

That's why I took the example of sheet metal.........

With the option checked it doesn't work?

@+

Unfortunately not.....