Multiple drill quotations

Hello everyone,

I have a small question about the rating of multiple holes.

I have a series of about fifty holes to side, they are equidistant, of the same diameter and on the same axis.

So I'd like to rate them this way: http://www.zpag.net/Tecnologies_Indistrielles/Images7/Cotati72.jpg, so as not to overload my eyesight unnecessarily.

I'm on Solidworks 2013.

Thank you and have a good day, see you soon.

2 Likes

Hello

For the text of the length dimensions, just change it.

For the "x5", SolidWorks can do this automatically with the symboole for drilling:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_add_hole_callouts.htm

Then, if you want to display only one, you will have to make a sketch anyway in 3D or 2D.

1 Like

Clearly, for the 4x18 = 72, the 72 will be "dynamic", i.e. your rating will evolve with the 3D but the 4x18 will be dead text, so in case of evolution of the 3D it will not move.

For the piercing symbol mentioned, it works very very well, you can customize the text permanently (in particular removal of symbols not necessarily known), if you are interested, let me know, it's not easy...

3 Likes

That's the problem, if I change the value and someone else takes over the plan, maybe they'll forget the dead text.

Yes that's the limit of the system, or else you do without the "4x18=" in front of the 72

There may be a way out, but I'm missing one piece of data: you can insert an annotation and insert dimensions. The first use of this is to specify a flow rate, e.g. Tube 40x20x2 (assuming we didn't do it with the welded construction, of course). It works like this:

_Insertion/Annotation/Note

_tapez the text "Tube"

_Cliquez on hill 40, the 40 now appears in the note and dynamics!

_continuez by writing "x"

_cliquez on the odds of 20

_continuez by writing "x"

_cliquez on the odds of 2

_Confirm

Do you understand the principle?

So in your case, we could consider doing the same, but where I stumble is the amount of center distances! An idea @Lucas?

2 Likes

The number of instances of the piercing exists, because it is in the piercing symbol!

Maybe it's possible to have the 4 with an equation!

1 Like

Hello

To complete Benoit's correct answer, check the "Number of occurrences/Repetitions" option in the "Model objects" function, so you can click on the number to build the annotation. Of course, this is true if the sketch or function was made with a repeat function.

Kind regards

objet_du_modele.jpg
1 Like

Hello

In a relationship, you get the odds of 72 that you divide by that of 18 and you record the result (4) in a variable.

All you have to do is display this variable in your dimension text.

That's how I would do Pro/e. After in Solidworks ...

S.B

1 Like

Hello

Personally, I find this rating dangerous,

because if you have for example 18 ±0.1 repeat 50 times,

You have ± 5mm difference on the theoretical odds between the

first and last hole.

I prefer ordinal grading as in the attached view

After all, it all depends on the purpose of your piercings.

cotation.pdf
2 Likes

Indeed, if positioning dimensions are to be tolerated, then annotation is not a good solution!

A very important detail if you are using annotations with links to dimensions, check the "Link errors in annotations" option in Display.

If it is not checked and one of the dimensions used in an annotation disappears, your annotation will remain frozen at the last value without warning you, whereas with this option you will see an error message (see image)

screenshot292.jpg
3 Likes

@oroux1

In cases like this I use a location of the X holes, which allows me not to accumulate tolerances.

EDIT: Location that can be attached to the "Symbol for drilling" by dragging it over it.

screenshot290.jpg

Hi @ BATCH123

Have you watched this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/outil-de-cotation-dans-les-mises-en-plan

I think it must meet your request

Have a nice day

@+ ;-)

with the previous tutorial

here is what you can have a rating table

See attachment

@+ ;-)

capture_outil_de_cotation.png

Thank you for all your answers,

I don't have a problem with tolerance. There could be 0.5mm on each hole, that's okay.

And as a result, @Batch123! How did you decide to proceed?