Configuration-driven quotation

Hi all

I have a design driven by a family of parts and depending on the configuration chosen, the rating varies a little. For example it is possible that the hardness or surface finishes are not identical, is it possible to make dimensions appear and disappear please?

Have a nice day

Hello

Yes it should be possible, when you dimension your 3D, you can choose a configuration to associate with this dimension. Then, if you import this dimension from your 3d to your MEP, normally it should disappear or appear depending on the configuration chosen.

Following your message I thought it was the right solution... I don't understand why but it doesn't work... I tried with "This configuration", "Specify configurations" but the dimension remains whether in the 3D or in the drawing following the change of configuration.
I tried with a numerical rating but also a rating in which I changed and put a word and still nothing.

I'm starting to lose hope of automating my drawings...

Hello

If in your configuration in question you hide the rating and save the display state it must be good I think, not tested in real life, if it doesn't work tell us, I'll do a more advanced test.

What kind of SOLIDWORKS, 2015, 2016, 2017 are you?

@+

I probably don't know how to do it, but it doesn't work.

I am on SW 2015

Hello

Have you solved your problem?

Alternatively, you could optionally dimension from a sketch associated with a configuration and save multiple display states.

Hello a.leblanc,

I haven't really solved my problem, but let's say that I found an alternative solution consisting of putting the rating on my entity and it will disappear when the function is disabled. The problem is that it appears anarchically.