Spline Rating

Hello

I would like to know if you have a method to side a spline...

So I received a step  with an "artistic" shape that I converted and I have to integrate this curve into one of my pieces. 

I reproduced the sketch by superimposition (and copy paste) but how do I quote it and send it to a machinist????

Hello

In coordinates (X,Y,Z) on intermediate points that correspond to changes in direction

1 Like

Hello

You can dimension your sketch using the "Fully Constrain Sketch" tool, available in the Sketch pop-up bar or in > Dimensioning Tool> "Constrain Sketch Entirely" (see IMAGE)

Cdt

Joss

contraindrespline.png

Alternatively, you can also go to Tools > Spline Tools,

You have a menu that allows you to display other info from your spline, which could make it easier to score!

CF Image

outilspline.png

It's for a drawing.

@ Joss in my sketch it's good it's constrained (I discovered this magic function some time ago lol)

@Tomalan that's probably it but I've never done it

It is an ordinal rating

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Ordinate_Dimensions.htm?id=9fd419bb9f6745cd8447bd04f4d16e21

2 Likes

Hello

if you have to machine an artistic form, it will be done in CN. A simple and effective solution is to indicate that the machining will have to be done according to a digital file (a DXF scale 1 for example) that you attach in addition to your plan.

On the MEP you may put some dimensions so that your machinist gets a first idea.

3 Likes

Yes, I totally agree with Chamade. When it's too complicated I don't get tired with the dimensions, a DXF and presto!

1 Like