Dimensions Created in the Solidworks Drawing

Hello

I would need your advice to differentiate the dimensions created in the Solidworks drawings.

Depending on the design of the model or bug it is impossible to import the dimensions and we are forced to create them in the drawing.

So I want to find a simple way when I create a dimension or several in the drawings to differentiate them from the controlled or uncontrolled dimensions

Because the problem is that if I modify my model following a modification, I want to know what the impact is on my dimensions created in the drawings and to locate them easily.

Thank you

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/outil-de-cotation-dans-les-mises-en-plan

@+ ;-)

You can differentiate them by changing the colors of the dimensions.

Tools/Options/Colors:

Annotations, imported (piloting): in black for example

Annotations, not imported (controlled): in medium grey for example

As a result, your dimensions from the 3D will be black and the dimensions placed by hand in the 2D will be gray.

The colors are up to everyone. The example given is what I use.

6 Likes

You can also create 2 different layers for the types of sides, and assign a specific color to each.

But it's heavier than the solution of benoit.if I think because you shouldn't make the wrong copy when working in the mep.

2 Likes

It seems to me that SW is configured as benoit.lf indicates.

To set it up easily, you'll just have to create a custom standard that you will apply to your old drawings (if you want to make them evolve)

To that it is possible @Pascal! Hence the judicious choice of colors...

ok thank you all

Yes, color is a very effective way to differentiate between undriven dimensions.

However, it does not differentiate between the undriven dimensions created in the part and those created in the drawing that does not appear in the part.

a +

You're right, it doesn't make the difference between the odds of 3D and those of 2D.

As it's controlled odds is it really a problem?

Otherwise, you need to dimension your 3D by putting all the dimensions you will need on the map.

(hoping that they can all be used in the MEP)

I had the opportunity to see a video on Youtube that may interest you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xLSMNfWVD7M#sthash.uyFORyzA.dpuf

Happy reading:)