2019 solidworks odds

Hello

Since the installation of the 2019 version of solidworks, I can't put a dimension on a sketch. The menu appears well but the rating does not appear.

Do you have an idea about the problem???

CDT

Hello

Colleagues on the forum will say that I'm rambling but you have to remember that when you change version, SW puts these preferences to him (factory settings as they say).

If you want to find your whole environment and especially this type of setting you should always save the swsetting xxxxx file. SLD Reg before the up grade.

And reactivate it after the up grade.

So either you use the file in question otherwise you have to go to the settings from the top banner

==> Tools==> options==> sketches   and also "snapping relationship"

Or in general   ==> use the default decimal symbol.

As it is likely that the properties of your document have been overwritten then
==> ownership of the document ==> quotes

Kind regards

3 Likes

Zozo_mp he rambles but he is right to remind that you have to make a backup of the settings, it often allows you to get out of the mess by a simple reinstallation of them!!

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

Is the "show sketch dimensions" option enabled? (see attached image)

affichage_cotations.jpg

Hello

@d.Roger so I would say that no for the transition from one version to another  I had a big problem precisely. Because from one version to another SW does not always store the  same files  in the same folder. I paid the price. So be careful.

one of the examples, I no longer notice the Ø sign on my drawings because the note folder had changed place when  changing version.

may the force be with you.