Colour of cables after OEM reference assignment

Hello

When I assign manufacturer references to my cables, on my wiring diagram, they lose their color and all become brown in color. Is it possible to keep the original color after assigning a reference?

Thank you

It's up to you to create your own cable library and give the right values 

http://help.solidworks.com/2011/French/SolidWorks/sldpiping/LegacyHelp/SolidWorksRouting/topics-electrical/Cable_Wire_Library.htm?id=21d5be3709b641ffbaec0206878b644d

Field

Description

Part Number

A unique value for each wire or cable. Leave this field blank for cable conductors.

If you cross-reference data in a list of edges, the value in this field must match the value in the Specs field . Wire of the list of edges.

Cable Name

A unique value for each cable, and the same value for each conductor of the cable. Leave this field blank for wires.

Thread Name

A unique name for each wire or conductor. The name of each conductor on the same cable must be unique, but the same names can be used multiple times for different cables.

Wire/cable diameter

The outer diameter of the cable, wire or conductor, including insulation.

Waist

The size of the wire or conductor, e.g . 16AWG, 2.5mm, etc. This field is for information purposes only; The value is not used by the software.

Colour

The color of the wire or conductor. For example, red, RB, red/blue, etc. This field is for information purposes only; The value is not used by the software.

Display Color

The color in which the wire or cable is displayed in SolidWorks, to be selected from the list of available colors. This color is only used when a routing segment contains a single wire or conductor.

Description

A description of the wire or cable. This field is for information purposes only; The value is not used by the software.

Min. bending radius

The minimum bending radius allowed for cable, conductor or wire. For use with the Enable Minimum Bend Radius Check for Cables and Enable Minimum Bend Radius Check for Wires routing options.

1 Like

@gt22 the question is about SolidWorks electrical and not about solidworks routing

2 Likes

Hello

Indeed it's on Electrical, I checked my cable manufacturer references, the colors are well filled in and appear well when the cable is created, but whatever this color, the cables turn brown as soon as I assign a reference to it.

Thank you

Hello

Here's a belated but helpful answer:

You have to go to "project configuration" => "graph"

Then uncheck the box in Cable strand, Show

The cables will now have the colors of the binding styles.

Of course, it makes sense to make different styles of connections for each cable ref

1 Like