Color of an object behind a glass texture

Hello

I am working under SW2014 on a project where my role is to install duct networks inside a building. I have a complete building in .sldasm format, which I open in Complex Assembly mode to prevent my pc from lagging too much. Then, I take my measurements on my building, I create my ducts next to it, I integrate them into my building. So far so good.

My problem is that, in order to visualize my work, I have to make some of my parts transparent (slabs, columns, beams...). However, after putting a dale, a partition, a false ceiling... in transparency, my girdles go from red to brown, from light blue to midnight blue... I can't hide them simply because I still need them to position my networks...  It's not a very big problem in itself but by dint of it, it hurts my eyes to work like this, at the end of the day, I have a good headache....

If anyone has a miracle method to change the color attenuation of the transparent mode??

PS: I tried to put a glass texture on the pieces to hide but it gives the same rendering.

PPS: I can already hear those who make fun of my problem, but working from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on a screen with very dark colors or I have to force myself to distinguish the stop of my piece, it's not nothing...

For visualization, see the attached screenshot. (You can see the basic colors and the difference in rendering behind a false ceiling and a tile).

couleurs.png

Hello

Why not use the wireframe style for rooms that should be transparent ?

It can be configured for each part or assembly : see the attached image

You can choose between:

Wireframe image

Hidden Lines Visible (Dashed)

Hidden lines removed

filaire.jpg
5 Likes

Hello Lucas.

Thank you for the speed of your answer, I just tested your method, it suits me perfectly in terms of reducing the contrast, except that suddenly, I don't visualize my objects anymore. Let me explain, if I put a slab in wireframes, given that my slab takes up my entire building and that I work on only a small plot, I no longer see the limits of my slab. My problem also comes from the customer file: the slab he created crosses all the through beams, this means that when my slab is transparent, I see the boundary where the slab crosses my beam while in a wireframe, no because there is no contrast

Isn't there an alternative between transparency and wireframe? A way to set the opacity of my glass or the transparency rate?

(I suspect I'm not very clear but I don't know how to describe my problem :s)

Well done Lucas ++1

5 Likes

So in plain English, you want to see the faces in transparency, without seeing them at all!

I don't think what you're describing is possible!

If you want to see a transparent face, the only differentiation will be the faded effect of the colors!

Another solution would be to use garish colors, less likely to fade when viewed through a transparent side!

Example attached.

fluo.jpg
4 Likes

The only transparency setting in SolidWorks that I know of and for part editing in context: Options >System Options> Display/Selection (see attached image).

But it doesn't correspond to your request!

transparence.jpg
2 Likes

In fact, you can also change the transparency in the room, from the appearances (color ball in the high sight bar).

But on my test, I don't see any difference!

See attached image

transparence_piece.jpg

Well, I looked everywhere, I couldn't find it...

Even when changing the transparency from the appearance menu, all I can do is change the colors of my transparent piece, not the opacity.

And putting the non-transparent parts in light or fluorescent color as I proposed doesn't solve your problem? Otherwise for your slab, you can insert a plan at ground level to be able to see the intersection.
1 Like

Have you tried with the amount of transparency in appearance>advanced>illumination>amount of transparency?

capture.png
4 Likes