Colour / room family

Hello

I am working on the creation of screw bookcases.
Depending on the configuration created (part family), I would like to apply a different color.
This is to differentiate partially threaded screws from fully threaded screws (4014/4017), for a better visual of the screws in the assemblies.

Currently I have managed to apply the color $COULEUR, but I can't link it to the configuration in a simple way to review each configuration.
I have read the different posts that deal with this subject (Link to the configuration for example):

Even when changing in the room family, the RGB value remains planted on the first line of my room family.
Moreover, when I edit the Excel sheet, it removes the second value of the cells concerned.

But I have doubts about it:

The appearance below

Is the configuration related to its appearance?

I've linked each state created for each configuration to its appearance!

I am sure the solution is simple, but I am not in the habit of being overzealous :slight_smile:

If a charitable soul, who is not on vacation? or who watches this forum from his towel, you never know! :slight_smile:

Hello

Maybe the solution can be found here: Color Setting in Configurations - 2022 - SOLIDWORKS Help

It may also be interesting to use derived configurations.

For derived configurations, I'm not warm. As I manage all the needs via the room family easier to edit and create. Except in this case!!

I just succeeded!! But I didn't understand why it didn't work...

I just applied a material (in all configurations) and removed its appearance.
In my room family, I have filled in my cells of different RGB values, it works.
Not understood but it works!! :sweat_smile: