Symbol Thread Color

I would like to know if it is possible to change the casting of the tapping symbol of a hole in a drawing.

My problem is that I applied a chamfer on the tapped hole and that when I put it in a plan, the symbol of the trauding is between two circles and it is difficult to see.

I know that you can change the color of the lines by clicking on them and "line color" but not possible like that with the edge of the tapping symbol.

Thank you

Hello

It would be very surprising if this were possible because it is a representation based on the equivalent of an image (it is not a sketch of a tangent arc). A representation that screws up the soouk in the assemblies by the way.

I often have the same type of problem so, in the MEP I don't hesitate to put more detail views in 2D but more and more often in 3D. This makes it possible to remove ambiguities.

That said, if we use the annotations correctly according to the standards, which give the diameters, depths, etc., there is more than enough to remove ambiguities and lighten the reading of the drawing.

Kind regards

PS: Look at the  SW MDB Module one day, it's the future to have all the quotation in 3D, especially with a tablet instead of a blue print. It's a bit like Dim expert but much better. Dim expert is a bit psychorigid

EDIT: tortograve fot'

how did you do this tapping with which tool

which SW version

@+

Hello

Use layers. With the filter for selecting thread representations, select all and then apply a layer on which the color is set.

2 Likes

I did this tapping with the drilling wizard.

For the moment my only solution is a detail view of the hole to distinguish the symbol.

Otherwise I found another trick which consists of making a configuration with and without chamfer on this hole. Then in MEP I put the front view without chamfer and the left view with chamfer to be able to dimension it correctly.

2 Likes

Hello

Whether through drilling assistance or not, the thread representation in the drawing is just a separate object that can be put on another layer.

Thanks for the info Cyril, I managed to change the color of the thread representation.

Finally, you have to select the representation and then change the layer. In fact I didn't see this option in the propety manager but you just have to have the layer tab in the graphics area and then select the desired slap!