Creation of a draft blade on a revolving part

I have to create a shape resembling blades, they must be 9 in number on 360° and stripped down. This shape is created on a piece of revolution. I tried with the stripped tool but a failure

Thank you for your answers

dsc_1164.jpg

Hello

I'll go through a propeller instead, right?

Otherwise a body starting from a ridge?

Can we pass the SolidWorks file?

@+

why not make a conical extrusion of your part

A sketch with tapered extrusion teeth

@+

1 Like

Hello to you, I tried to create a draft from an edge but I must not have used the right methods, I am not an expert.

I'm sending you the SW file I created.

Thank you for your quick answers

piecedavid.sldprt

Hello

Attached is an extrusion test with draft.

Good luck

piecedavid.sldprt
2 Likes

Hello

Before redoing this piece, did you look to see if it didn't already exist in 3D?

http://www.tracepartsonline.net/(S(3xsjep45uva53r452msbak3t))/content.aspx? SKeywords=gear+conical&SDomain=1&st=1&sa=0&Class=TRACE&clsid=%2FROOT%2F&ttl=Classification+I.C.S.+TraceParts

Hello

@Jose-accessa

gave the answer, on the other hand you may have to remove the rays from the sketch and then put them back in 3d.

Otherwise use the smoothing function with starting sketch and then arrival sketch.

@+

1 Like

Here's a screenshot

1 extrusion

1 triangle repeat it 

Material removal

vacation

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8769/3zwb.png

@+ 

Hello

It also depends on the starting data, if it is the draft that must be respected then yes the extrusion with draft is the solution (@Jose-accessa) if on the other hand it is the shape that is to be respected it is necessary to define the initial sketch and the arrival sketch (@coyote) and go through a smoothing. I also totally agree with coyote, better save the rays for last, your piece will rebuild faster!

Kind regards

1 Like

I'm not used to these tutorials and I can't open the Jose-accessa file.

As for the trace part catalog I haven't found any.

The file in png, there is also the same draft inside the teeth.

I'm sending you another file.

dsc_1165.jpg

Hello

What is blocking you now?

@+

Hello

So, I'm attaching the second solution which consists of creating 2 staggered profiles as well as a smoothing.

I created the holidays in the sketch because I don't have time to do everything but indeed, it would be wiser to do them at the end.

For the interior profile, you just have to do the same thing (2 staggered sketches then smoothing).

If you can't open the room, send me a PM, I'll see what's wrong.

A +

aaa.sldprt

Here is a picture of your piece 

Now the dimensions are to be put correctly

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/o522.png/

the file is on SW 2012

@+ ;-)

piece2test_pignon_pale.sldprt
1 Like

Thank you for your very quick answers, it's the first time I've really used it and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks to Jose-accessa, Coyote, gt22 and Tomalam.