Create a parallel clip on the screen

Hello.

I'm on Solidworks Premium 2014. I just saw on Youtub that you could, on the 2017 version, create a parallel shot on the screen. I don't see this function in 2014. Does it exist, or does it have an equivalent order?

Thank you

image13.jpg

@ viking

Honestly I'm working on SW 2017 premium 

and I've never created a parallel shot on the screen

Ever paid attention to this tool?

Are you sure it exists in 2017?

In general, if I have to create plans, I always refer to existing refs

so I take a basic plan

on which I draw a line and create a plane perpendicular to this said line 

@+

3 Likes

Hello

if we believe the SW help on this function, it would have appeared only in 2016 since the help is not available for previous versions ...

Kind regards

2 Likes

And like gt22 , I've never used this function...

1 Like

I found it rather practical. You orient the room as you wish, click on "Create a parallel shot on the screen" and that's it.

Personally, I have a LOT of problems creating the plans. I never know which references to choose. It may sound silly, but that's still where Solidworks gives me the most trouble. I spend a lot of time creating planes other than parallel to a face.

See these tutorials

Creating a Solidworks Tutorial Plan

https://www.google.com/search?q=creation+de+plan+solidworks+tutorial&rlz=1CDGOYI_enFR770FR778&hl=fr&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sbfbu=1&pi=creation%20de%20plan%20solidworks%20tutorial

@+

Yes. It's been a long time since I've seen these videos. They don't help me at all.

I always get confused with the references to give. I think it will remain my way of the cross...

It's that you don't have the right approach with the log in my opinion

Explain why you need so much of a plan

which of + is super hyper important on a parametric log

know how to give the correct coordinates of the plan references

these as the origin of the parts 

This is also the basis for good log functionality

@+

For example, to drill angled holes inside a tube. I draw my construction line at the angle and position that interests me, and then I have trouble creating the shot.

Here's a simple example: I need to make 2 extrusions to the surface of this tube.

I position myself, the plan is put correctly, but I can't find the second reference to give to validate the plan. It must be completely stupid but I very often block la_dessus.

image_13.jpg

Via your example

1 how did you create your tube 

show me the original plans

@+

All right. I found it. The second reference to be given is the surface of the tube.

I don't know why I often stumble on this kind of problem, I must be

a little obtuse.

We must remain/return to the fundamentals of geometry for the definition of a plane.
From there, if you have these basics, you should be better at it.

To put it simply, a plane must be positioned (via a distance, a coincidence, a tangency) and oriented (parallelism, angle, perpendicularity).
Depending on the entities you have selected, you will need 1 to 3 constraints. You can also think in terms of isostatism and degree of freedom.

1 Like