Creating an Ensemble Template [Autodesk Inventor]

Hi all

I would like to create an assembly that can be modified, i.e. I would like to modify the dimensions parameters of the parts that are part of the assembly and then save this new assembly in another folder.

In order to secure the basic template, I would like the parameters to return to their initial values in the source file of the template after saving it as (as for the template of a part).

I don't want to create an iEnsemble because my pieces always have different dimensions (no catalog creation).

I don't want to go through iLogic development either.

Have any of you ever had this problem?

Thank you!

Hello

What software are you on? Perhaps you have informed him, but we do not see him.

Hello

I am on Autodesk Inventor 2015

Make a skeleton and multibody

See this tutorial among others there are 4 on the same function ref

This allows the size of the pieces to be derived from each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o2JX_pjcXJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HQpTIPXPEUw

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Hello and thank you for the youtube link but it is not suitable.

Here is an example to explain the problem a little more :

I have an assembly of parts, a piece A fixed against a room B.

I have an associated plan representing this assembly.

I want the user to be able to open an assembly template containing these 2 parts with the constraints. And that these 2 pieces are also templates. That is to say that the user always has the same assembly as a template (same dimensions).

The user will change dimensions, such as the height of A, and can save this modified assembly in a control directory.

Now, while the assembly will be a new entity, there will always be references to A, a part that I use in my assembly template.

So if the user changes the height of A, the next user will have a different assembly template than the initial one.

Do you think the iCopy feature could help me?

@ aurelien if it doesn't suit you I don't have another walkthrough

Have you watched the videos above

everything is configurable though

and you don't want to create a library

Now if you want to go back just keep the starting refs on the ref plan of the name

and when you change your odds you also change the ref of the no and you save it as such

I don't really understand why you don't like it

@+ ;-))

@gt22: Indeed, I had analysed the videos badly! Without sound in the office, it was less easy to understand ;)!

So I just did a test by saving my skeleton as a template, i.e. users will go to the opening of Inventor in "New" and choose the corresponding skeleton part. Once this template has been opened, the user will be able to modify all the parameters he wants and then "publish" these parts using the "Create components" tool. 

On the other hand, this is a little too much manipulation with the directories.

I'm going to try another method that I read in this forum in relation to Vault that we also want to install and that could handle this kind of link problem with assembly copies.

I also have to see for the association of a plan template with the location of the views, etc. by having the links with the new pieces created!

Thank you for these videos, I will have learned how to use these functions in any case!

(I'll explain the method once solved)

A+!

1 Like

if you have watched and analyzed these videos 

you can directly from the 3D model modify the dimensions, just go to the trees and modify the appropriate side or dimensions

so for me this subject is closed (so solved)

it must be the same for you

You can close this thread and open another one for additional topics

@+ ;-))

So I went through Vault which makes the task much easier!

But thank you for directing me gt22!

1 Like