Creating an automatic function on "solidworks"

Hello

I have a question because in macro it will be a bit long to do I think.

Is it possible for example: To make a hole in the center in a sketch and therefore to remove the material...

Then to save the function as the piercing assistance does, just to maybe just drag  and drop or something like that

because I'm making a library of standards, and for the moment I only have the blocks... And all times its would exist to do a 2 or 3 step less it would suit me

Thank you for your future answer

Steve

Hi Centor,

Yes, you have to use the library functions, then you just have to drag them to a target part.

There are a few in the SOLIDWORKS Design Library, the help can help you create new ones.

Mick

4 Likes

you have to create the function you would like to make as a library file (lib feat part)

1 Like

Thank you for your answers, so I tested it works, but I will have a related question... Can't we change the direction of insertion its remains on the same side as its was created in the room?

For example I created it on the right and when I insert it it remains on the right impossible to invert it :/, or did I not see something?

Maybe you need to use reference edges to position the hole, well, if I understood this second question correctly...

Mick

So in zip file I put an axis, these not the right size, but it should play for the test...

So when I put it on, it imposes on me the left position where I made the origin of the function...

But impossible to place it on the right :/, I tested more manipulation but nothing

Any solutions, apart from making a right version and a left version?

centre_iso_6411-a4_8.5.zip

With a revolution, it seems complicated to me:

In fact, your shot has a "normal", you should be able to reverse the normal of the front plane, but it's impossible.

The only solution would then be to create a plane parallel to the front  plane (0mm)  on which you invert the normal, and then, you drop the library function on this new plane.

I made you two screenshots to be clearer :), I can't attach the SW file, apparently, you're not in 2015 like me 

A+

Mick

test.png
1 Like

Otherwise, you can always create 2 configurations in the component with a left and a right position.

All you have to do is choose the configuration adapted to each case.

For example, I made a simple drilling component and I choose either round or oblong drilling.

1 Like

I'm going to test it tonight when I get home, I have SLDW 2014 and 2015 :).

Because it seems that our license server forgot to release a free license xD

@Centor, so how did you proceed?

I took the first answer, that of @Scarvalho for the recording.

Then for the position reverse the solutions of @Mcordero

Now I'm doing the process for the Bloodletting (Din509), I'm going to review all the VSM standards

On the other hand for the external knurling I don't have an idea yet;)

If the VSM standards automatic version interest someone who doesn't hesitate:) I gladly share them to help save even more time:D

1 Like

@Centor, if you want to share this function, @alain. ERP created a group that was intended to centralize all these library elements: http://www.lynkoa.com/groupes/3d/bibliotheques-solidworks