Part creation in EPDM

Hello 

This question seems stupid but is not clear to me.

Is it good to create a new room from an existing one?

I do this when I have to create two pieces that fit into each other, for example. So I already have starting dimensions and I don't have to go and measure on the other part?

Is this a bad method?

Does this have an impact in EPDM at the level of versions and/or revisions?

should I use/ prefer to save under CIPIE and open (or not open but it's better to open the room if I do it right away...)

bàv,

1 Like

Hello

If I understand correctly, in  my opinion there is no contraindication.

But what is the exact method? With one part insert into another?

Alternatively, you can also create parts in the context of the assembly, using the "No external reference" function:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Controlling_Creation_of_External_References.htm

1 Like

Hello

No influence between copy/paste of file and save-as.

The only nuances can be found on the numbering of your files, especially if you follow a counter. The question arises as to when you call this meter. To be seen.

You must also be careful with the information on your data card. If you are copying a document that has already been populated, it may be worth deleting the data map on the new file, or at least some properties. This is particularly true for the index entered (a copy of an Ind.C exhibit gives an A).

2 Likes

Good remark from Benoit LF (as always ;-) ) on the data of the data card which will be copied as well.

So how to manage this? As we will manage 5 lines of changes in EPD, we will have at least 20 properties to reset to 0 in case of copying.

I was thinking of launching a SW macro (or macros) to reset properties to run right after the copy when we are editing. Anyone have another solution?

1 Like

Thank you @froussel, I'll try! :)

To reset to 0 (or other than 0 for that matter!)  EPDM properties when copying a file, there is a feature provided: at the data card level, when you select an editable field, you can choose its default value. This is particularly used when making a copy of a file.

A little reading here, especially from page 163: http://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/19/01/2015/administration_guide.pdf

1 Like