Ridged washer creation

Hello, I would like to create oblique grooves on screws on the flat surface of the screw head like a safety washer http://cdn.nord-lock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/sp_washers1-625x287.jpg (external surface) but I don't know how to go about it, if you have a track it will help me, thank you.

you can recover the files here

http://www.nord-lock.com/nord-lock/wedge-locking/washers/dimension-lists/

otherwise you make a washer

and an elevation of material following the profile and circular repetition

The same principle applies to the other side

That's it simple

@+ ;-)

5 Likes

On the other hand, be careful not to weigh down your room unnecessarily. The perfect graphic representation is not necessarily useful and a repetition of this style makes a room considerably heavier. Otherwise for the gt22  method you gave the principle.

2 Likes

Here's your puck

The odds are far-fetched, it's the principle that counts 

@+ ;-)

1 Like

That's exactly what I want to do but I can't do it despite all my willpower. I can do a removal of material with a circular repetition but I can't give the sloping shape (triangle in volume)

show your file if you're not in 2018 ;-)

to know where it's not going

@+ ;-)

Damn, I'm in 2018. Well I'm going to break through, I'm going to find a solution eventually.

shows some screenshot

to know where it's not going

@+

see my attached file SW 2017

you just have to follow the procedure

rondelle_de_securite_cdn_nord_lock.sldprt
1 Like

It helps me a lot, I told myself that I had to create an additional plane to have volume, I tried with the circular flat of the puck (impossible) but I had to take the plane from the front. Well, I should be able to get by. Thank you.

edit: it's all good for me, thank you

vis.jpg

@dams

if problem solved

Simply close the question by clicking on the Resolved button

to the right of the answer that made it possible to give the walkthrough

This will allow other readers who have the same problem

to find the walkthrough just under the question

thank you in advance

@+ ;-)

1 Like

So much for me, it's done. Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

I'll come back to you for the ridged washer. I managed to make the grooves on the face of my screw on the other hand I didn't realize but the cut is inclined see photo, I don't know how to do it because on my sketch the cut is straight.

I'm putting a picture for more understanding, I made a triangle next to the cross-sectional view to indicate the directions of the inclination. It is essential for me that the cut is facing without inclination because on another part it serves as a gear and the contact is only very partially.

vis_dembout.jpg

I also put the file of the part (SW2018)

vis_embout_titane_moyeu_arriere.sldprt

as you are on   SW 2018

I won't be able to do anything

if your triangle element of matter is vertical see the constraints

Your cut must be vertical and your repetitions too

Creates maps to see the outside and inside sides

@+ ;-)

I checked everything, everything is perpendicular. I put the sketch plane in the background, took a measurement at the bottom and top of the striation, and I have about 2 tenths of a difference (0.39mm at the top and 0.21mm at the bottom) when I should have 0.4 at the top and bottom. I don't understand.

I have the same problem on another part that I use as a gear but since the length of the groove is much greater, the difference is even greater.

vis_dembout2.jpg

you can be perpendicular but neither horizontal and vertical

so see if you are horizontal and vertical

@+ ;-)

I'm fine vertical and horizontal, how does that get my head. 

well after checking I think I found the problem

The fact is that the repetitions cut in the previous cuts

See attached image the red line coresponds to the corner of the remaining piece

so now if you want each labia to be perpendicular

you have to choose another walkthrough

Create a part with the desired shape

and via the combine tool subtract this part from the washer and then do a repeat

@+ ;-)

Great, I'll test this solution, thanks for your help. I could never have found it.

no bleme it amuses me

and I love above all ............. Trying to find walkthroughs

It allows me to learn and understand the problems related to geometry and log

@+ ;-)