Creating Part Families in AutoCad

Hello

Is it possible to create part families in AutoCad LT 2010 (Similar to SolidWorks)?

And is it possible to drive hills? using Excel spreadsheets?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

This is what I found

http://cavailles.a.free.fr/autocad/autocad.htm

@+ ;-)

Hello

Part families are not possible directly in AutoCAD (at least with our 2004 version!)

So in our company we make a table by hand (we have a template) and we replace the text of the dimensions that depend on the width / length by the letter concerned that we transfer in the column of the table.

Hello

2D parameterization is possible in AutoCAD LT using dynamic blocks.

You will find an example attached.

As for controlling by an excel file, I don't know of such a solution in AutoCAD LT.

FYI, it is not possible to create VBA macros in AutoCAD LT.

If you are interested in this solution, I must have a course material dealing with this subject.

cloison_7_-_1_ouverture.dwg

In fact, in the past when I was in electricity, we had created a whole library of symbols, standard cabinet formats,... with icons in the menus, all very hierarchical. The configuration of parts is possible, but only on a full Autocad verions (not the LT), by doing programming (or parameterization), the excel file can be used (bills of materials, list of terminal blocks,...)

It remains heavy, and the programming. Having affected Solidworks, this is absolutely not comparable.

Thought of the day: Autocad is about doing a lot of things but not everything, but it's still ultra versatile (especially the full version).

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

So, if I understand correctly, it is possible to set up blocks but not to control them with an excel or a macro.

If I want to fly them, do I have to use a full version?

For your information, I have already controlled solidworks parts using a macro that updates the dimensions and so I wanted to know if it was possible.

So I'm going to inquire with a reseller for the full version. 

1 Like

Indeed, it is a bit complicated at first glance but it is possible.

As I said in my previous answer, we use a non-dynamic table that is filled in by hand.

However, if you want to embark on the adventure of buying a full version only for parts families, check out this link:

http://synergiscadblog.com/2013/06/26/linking-dimensions-and-parametric-values-into-excel-autocad/

Good luck!