Create a volume body and turn it into parts

Hello

To save time, I would like to create a volume and then from this volume rename parts as parts

Possible or not?

I think I've seen this at SpaceClaim but does it exist at SW

Thank you in advance

Hello

yes it is possible since Solidworks 2012, see attached links:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/solidworks/sldworks/Split_and_Save_Bodies.htm

Or by doing whatever you want without merging the functions and by creating configurations using the delete/keep body function in insertion==>functions then delete/keep to delete the functions according to the configurations you want to do....

1 Like

But for the delete/keep the body function I don't know from which version it is available. 2015 or 2016....

1 Like

Hello, I have Solidworks 2015 and I already have the delete/keep body function.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Yes, just use the split body function with the menu:

Insert -> -> Split functions.

Sketches must first be drawn that will be used for the cutting of the bodies.

Then rename the resulting volume bodies and create configurations and/or display states. :-)

1 Like

Hello

You can automatically create an assembly from a multibody part, your parts will be dependent on the original one (the one with all the sketches) and can only be modified from it to keep an associativity between them (you will of course have to replace the "save bodies" function below your modifications in the tree).

1/ Right-click in the tree of your room --> show hide the objects of the tree --> show the volume bodies

2/ In the tree structure of your room --> right-click on the "folder" volume bodies and select save the bodies

3.1/ Check the boxes corresponding to the  pieces you want to record / rename them and choose  the recording location

Important: Coins cannot have the same name as the original one, and you must uncheck the "absorb ... " and "propagate... "

3.2/ If you want to create an assembly, click on browse and save your files.

This method allows you to save Split parts (something like that I think), the parts will not have sketches and functions  in their trees.

It's very practical to carry out a study with relationships between several rooms, you only have one room to modify if necessary. On the other hand, to make a copy, it is preferable to go through a take-home composition to keep correct links. 

Otherwise the "delete/keep bodies" function used with several configurations works very well too.

doc2.docx
3 Likes

Hello

Thank you all, I will test these different solutions and will not fail to inform you.

Have a nice day

Several correct answers!

That of @a. Leblanc seems to me to answer the question