Create a sheet metal element

Hi everyone.

I'm in the process of drawing a quarter-turning staircase with a central stringer, I started by creating a sketch with a rectangle (inner side) by its center, then a helix/spiral passing through the center of the rectangle, and then making a sweep.

I would like to create four sheet metal elements (the four sides of the rectangle) with this sketch to be able to unfold them, but I can't do it. I tried to convert edges or other things into 3D sketches, to get there but nothing...

Can you please help me out on the procedure to follow to create four sheet metal elements for the four blanks of the rectangle.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards
1559487738175124375797283467841.jpg

Hello

You need to create 4 configurations of your stringer. Left side + right side, top and bottom and do material removals to have only what you need then convert each configuration to sheet metal with the convert to sheet metal function or insert a fold and there it should work.

2 Likes

Hello ac cobra, first of all thank you for your answer

Hello ac cobra, first of all thank you for your answer

I managed to create the blanks with the ' swept material removal ' function , but now my problem remains the conversion to sheet metal. If I convert the two top and bottom edges of the same blank into a 3D sketch, and I make a 'transition crease', it creates the same blank to rib. Do you have a solution please? Thank you in advance.

Try to change the thickness without, there must be something reversed, it's a checkbox.

1 Like

[HS On]

Hello @ac Cobra and @aux regular contributor

I think we'll have to make a tutorial with the title "HOW TO DESIGNATE A GOOD ANSWER"

Or in a more literary way: "Of the good use of the possibility graciously offered to honor a contributor without cost when he generously gives, in a positive spirit, an elegant and flawless solution"

Kind regards

[HS /Off]

4 Likes

[HS On]

Hello Zozo_mp,

it already exists, it's the Help button on the home page and then the tutorial "How to create or follow questions on the Lynkoa forum"

Kind regards

[HS /Off]

3 Likes