Create a new type of drilling

Hello

Today, I use the "Drilling Assistance" / "Old Drilling" / "Flat-Bottomed Tailstock" function to define my holes with the desired geometry. Solidworks does not offer to save "Old Drilling" type holes as favorites. Since this drilling geometry is absent from all standards, it is also impossible for me to create it by copying an existing standard into the Toolbox.

I try to avoid the systematic definition of holes via a smart function or a new drilling standard in the Toolbox.

How to proceed for this kind of problem.

2021-04-07_13h40_02.png

Hello;

I find it strange not to go through a new definition in Toolbox, but it would be the least complicated in the long term...

I will also avoid the "Smart" functions

In my opinion, only the Libraries functions remain (not great in this case)

or the "Advanced Drilling" (insert/function/Advanced Drilling...) menu, you should be able to save your drills as favorites.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

The drilling function is nothing more or less than a sketch combined with a material removal function.

Just create a block and insert the block wherever you want.
The call of the block is very simple, on the other hand it requires to do by hand "removal of material revolution" but it is no worse than any sketch with removal of material.

The macro aces should be able to help you automate the function. (I don't know how to create a Macro)

Kind regards

Hello

Have you tried to create a favorite starting from a "Milling" to which you add a custom head clearance and dimensions?