Create a volume by 3 sketches in 3 different planes. (SolidWorks)

Hello

I try to create a complex volume.

To do this, I created 3 sketches representing the different profiles in the front, top and right planes.

Attached is a screenshot of what I did.

Is there a way on SolidWorks to create the desired volume with these 3 sketches?

Otherwise, how can I go about making this volume?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

volume_3_esquisses.png

Hello

a priori it is achievable without problem with the smoothing function ...  On the other hand, let's see if the smoothing won't require you to have one (or even several) guide curve in order to master the shape of the smoothing other than by the profiles.

Thank you, I'll try!

Hello

You can use the good old surface method...

If you go to the basic tutorials of SolidWorks, they will explain to you how to do it a bit like for 3D modeling from photos...

It's relatively simple but you have to be patient:

- you use splines or lines to follow the outline of a sketch, then you change the plane to continue your spline/line on another contour

- and so on.

In the end, you get multiple surfaces to which you can add a thickness.

Good luck.

Hello

I think you're going to have a problem with your sketch on the "offbeat top shot". The fact that you're straight lines in addition to your closed profile.

Bastien

Romain: Thanks for the info for the moment I'm looking for the tutorial. If you know where it is, could you send me the link STP?

Bastien: thank you, I noticed it right when you answered me and I just changed that.

If it can help you answer me, I enclose the plan of the piece I have to make.

The revolving part is easy to do, what I have a problem with is the lower part.

plan_bouton.png

For me the lower part doesn't really have a problem except for the undimensioned area (see small round circle on the joins file) otherwise for the triangle part it's only radius (see oval).

Have you looked if you couldn't download the model on traceparts??

it may exist!!

Bastien

forme_1.jpg

Hello

For the tutorial it is accessible from SolidWorks:

- in your bar at the top click on the "?"

- click on "SolidWorks Help"

There a window appears.

In the tree view on the left side of this window:

- Click on "Parts and function"

- click on "functions"

- click on "surface"

- click on "surface features"

That's hoping I helped.

Yes I first looked on traceparts but I couldn't find it.

Could you explain to me in more detail how you would go about creating the lower part?

I didn't quite understand what you mean by "it's just rays."

To put it simply, I have the impression that the low shape is neither more nor less than a pyramid with a rectangular base, with the radiated edges, right?

The shape in the plane is not really geometrically defined

It's true that I hadn't thought about it at the pyramid with holidays on the stops. I'll try like this.

It's more the operating principle than the ready-made solution.

See the attached file

Bastien

forme_1.jpg

My pyramid is different.

The two triangular faces on your volume are not parallel on mine.

This is what it looks like with SolidWorks when I try to put leave on the edges of my pyramid ...

pyramide_avec_conges.png

It seems like a good result Roxane, doesn't it?

At the limit so as not to truncate the tip of the pyramid too much it would probably be necessary to round off the end first before passing the other holidays, but for the rest it seems quite conclusive to me.

Personally I only see volume intersection or surface construction for this kind of thing.

The use of curve-to-curve bending, stamping, surface/volume border...

Yes my two sides were parallel but it was on the principle of holidays.

I think that with that you should get the desired result.

Bastien

In fact I just saw that making holidays on a pyramid doesn't work because the surfaces of the pyramid are not flat, they have a radius.

See attached image.

Fab could you explain to me what the surface construction, the curve-to-curve bending function, the stamping function, and the surface/volume boundary are?

plan_bouton_vue_face_et_cote.png

Hello

The radius you indicate on the view to the right of your last image corresponds to the cylindrical part of your view that ends in the shell head.

Your pyramid has the parallel sides, you can see the vertical lines on this same view.

Hello

For my part, just with an extrusion, an elevation of material and a radius it is possible!

Vior image attached.

If you want the file I have it in SW 2013.

@+

bouton.jpg
2 Likes

A big thank you to Coyote thanks to whom I (almost) managed to make my piece (as you can see on the image I attach)

A few more changes and it will be perfect!

Thank you also to all those who helped me!!

plan_bouton_presque_reussit.png