Create a condition in a parameterized part

Hi all

I am currently creating configurable parts on solidworks.

I need to create a condition so that I can make or not my model. 

Concretely I want to create a room (see photo) that depends on a width and an average radius (passing through the middle of the width). I do want my inner radius to be no less than 200mm. 

Do you have a solution for me to create a block in case of a value below 200? 

Thanks in advance

Hello

Why not make a part driven by a family of parts with a drop-down menu that only starts at 200.so impossible to type a lower value.

May the force be with you

1 Like

Hello ogaillard

I recommend you take a look at a free module of SOLIDWORKS called DriveWorks Xpress

http://www.driveworks.co.uk/products/driveworksxpress/

Simply fill in checks in a form and your part is automatically generated.

The interesting point for you is that you can set minimum and maximum values on your forms

3 Likes

You can always add a sensor that displays an alert when the value is less than 200mm

capteur.png
2 Likes

Or again, put an equation with a formula that removes the body when the odds are below 200

I don't want a family of parts.

I haven't looked too much into drivework yet because I haven't yet figured out how to use it but I think it can be a good tool. If you have a good tutorial or an example to send me I'm interested

The sensor is interesting, where can we find it?

Why no family of rooms? It's really interesting to couple SolidWorks with Excel functions.

What version of SW are you on?

May the force be with you

Because I have an "infinite" possibility for the pieces I make 

Unless you manage to couple Excel with solidworks to make a configurable part But from what I understand this interface no longer exists. 

I'm on SW 2015

You can use the Publisher configurator with it, you can do  as many configurations as you want with the possibility of putting filters exmple prohibiting the mini radius from being less than 200.

may the force be with you.

In the creation tree, right-click on sensor and add a sensor

capture.jpg
2 Likes

The best thing for this kind of room is a property questionnaire that you fill out to change your room.

That's the best for small pieces of this kind

Bart, How do I create this questionnaire? 

It would seem very interesting to me too and more practical than variables in "Equation"

Hello

Customized parts properties of course...

2 Likes

Well sorry, but the clearest tutorial ishere....

I'll make a tutorial for that on Lynkoa

2 Likes

In 99% of cases I don't use the equations in SW. (I prefer and it's easier to use relations (equivalent to equations) in sketching by strokes, more reliable, faster, reconstructs well).

But in your case, it could be that an equation by a formula, allow you to read a typed dimension, then calculate another (by sketching), then not an equation if the value is less than 200, we use the value, if greater than 200, we use 200 max.

Hello

great the tutorial Bart☺! Is it possible to drive configurations with these custom properties?

1 Like

Yes a.leblanc, you can choose in your forms for all config or specific to the config.

Is that what you were asking?

Basically, it's a simplified driveworks, without the automatism of mep etc...

1 Like

With this questionnaire and the sensors, I think I will be able to do some clean work. 

Thank you

1 Like

Can I choose a configuration with this questionnaire? Because I will have to choose the basic piece or the symmetrical one