Create a closed sketch with a point cloud?

Hello

I don't know if it's possible but I have a stitch sketch (scan of a part) and I would like to make a closed sketch with these stitches ?

If so, how do you do it?

Thank you.

Hello

There is the Scan to 3D function, available only in the Premium version of Solidworks.

It allows you to create sketches, then surfaces to make volume later, but to my knowledge it's not possible to base it in the software without going through a manual spline.

Scan to 3D

2 Likes

Hello

when I have stuff like that to do, I scan it and save it as a PDF and then I use a small free software on the net PDF2DXF. And it works quite well.

1 Like

Can you give us a screenshot??? Otherwise there are splines for shapes with curves with which you can connect your pts or otherwise the trai for other shapes....

Here's my scatter plot

I connected point by point by splines. I will then "tinker" to have arcs of circles and lines.

What I would have liked to do was for example take certain points, make the average and draw a line or a circle.

nuage_de_points.png

There you have your sketch making another one on top by putting only the right ones then then you fill in with radii and circle, you will have the model in the sketch below.... and then you hide your 1st stitch sketch and you do your extrusion!!!

1 Like

Once the spline has been drawn, you must use the simplify the spline function to reduce the number of attachment points and aerate the construction in order to extrude:

1 Like

do you have each coordinate of your points in X;Y; Z

If so, watch this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/video-tutorial-creating-curves-importing-point-data-text-file-solidworks

@+ ;-)

1 Like