Create a part in an assembly

Hello

I need to create a part in an assembly

Can you help me?

Hello

Your question is a bit the basis of the software, so don't hesitate to look at the solidworks tutorials for that.

For your specific case you have 2 solutions.

1- You create your part as a part that you then insert into your assembly and that you position as you want, if it's the first part it will be fixed (frozen if you prefer) for that a right click on your part (in the tree) and you have it released.

In this case you will have 2 files, 1 for the assembly and one for your part.

2- you can insert a part directly into an assembly via the insert / component / new part menu... It's the same principle as the 1st except that the part in question is directly created in your assembly, i.e. it is virtual and it has no file of its own.

The advantage is that you only have one file, the one of your assembly.

In your case it is worth pious work in case 1. Create your parts and then make an assembly and not the other way around.

NB: in the case of an existing part as in the 1, at the time of inserting it we can make it virtual if necessary.

piece.png
2 Likes

Hello

See http://help.solidworks.com/2017/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Creating_a_Part_in_an_Assembly.htm?verRedirect=1

Kind regards

2 Likes

YES!

There are two ways to do this: either you create the part directly in an existing assembly, or you create the part outside the assembly and then insert it into the assembly when it is finished.

The first way has  advantages but requires a very, very good command of Solidworks.

The second is easier to carry out outside the assembly because the insertion and installation of the assembly constraints is very easy.

But I have the impression that your problem lies elsewhere, don't you!

Do you know how to create a more or less complex part outside of assembly?

Kind regards

Damned !!! grilled by @FUZ3D and @ d.roger

1 Like

@zozo hello ;) This is where the time-stamping system of the posts has a problem, it does not use the date of validation of the post but the one where you started to answer, at least that's the impression I have.

Either the problem is indeed elsewhere but I have the impression that it is more a person who does not have basic training on the software. And that we will help as best we can in both cases;)

2 Likes

If necessary, you can also save your assembly as a part (part) while you create your part in a multibody file. On the other hand, you should not put relations between the bodies to be able to delete them afterwards (erase), and then insert your part into the assembly. This method can help you size your part among the others in the assembly. It's still DIY, but for a beginner it avoids getting tangled up with the different levels in the assembly.

1 Like

Thank you for all your suggestions, I chose FUZ3D, the second solution.