Create a function repetition by driving a distance + angle?

Hello 

I'm looking to create a sketch repetition of a small extrusion on a hollow rough by driving the repetition along a Z distance and an angle.

I can do a repeat via "Curve driven repeat" but I don't control the distance via the Z axis and also the angle.

I saw a similar request on Grabcad but the explanation comes from PTC Creo and I can't transcribe it on SW 2016.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards.

1 Like

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/les-repetitions-avec-solidworks-avril-2015

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/les-repetitions-sous-solidworks

here are already 2 videos on SW rehearsals

have a nice day @+

1 Like

Hello 

I watched your videos, it perfectly explains all the repetition functions but I didn't see the combined use of a repetition driving a movement with an angle. Or did I miss something?

Quite simply, I want to do a linear + circular repetition at the same time with the displacement control on the axis + angle.

I may have missed something on your videos but I haven't found an example that applies my request...

Thank you.

Hello

Can you put a sketch of what you want?

May the force be with you

It looks like a helical or a cylinder.

If it's the cylinder, you have to do 2 successive repetitions.
If it's the helicoid, it's more complicated.

Hello

As shown on the capture, a movement in translation + rotation around a cylinder.

2016-10-13_133949.jpg
1 Like

See also this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-et-les-repetitions-avec-arrete-circulaire-juillet-2014

it should answer the subject better

Thank you gt22, these two functions make a pair yes but I want to perform this action in combination, a repetition following a propeller by mastering the distance on the axis and the angle on the axis as well.

It's indeed a linear + circular repetition combination but I don't want to keep everything it creates for me, just the movement of the function interests me.

Here is another graph that may be more detailed:

I manage to do what I am looking for with a repetition per curve but I do not perfectly control the angle and the displacement along the axis of rotation.

2016-10-13_143233.jpg

Here is another graph that may be more detailed:

I manage to do what I am looking for with a repetition per curve but I do not perfectly control the angle and the displacement along the axis of rotation.

2016-10-13_143233.jpg

Hello

Why don't you work in 10 mm increments this way you can make linear distributions of 20mm (you measure the z)  then rotations of 20° / slice  (you measure the angle) at the end you merge the bodies and the Toure is played.

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

Excellent, very stupid but you had to think about it! 

I'll see how it looks and I'll come back here.

(Sorry that a simple function doesn't allow you to do this faster.)

There is surely a solution but now I'm armored and I'm not too time.

May the force be with you

2 Likes

a walkthrough if you like it ;-)

via the curve repeat tool you should get there after you just have to know your distance which can be measured via your angle 

knowing that you have 360 on a spire easy to deduce the number of occurrences

see the constraints for the removal of material and how to proceed ;-)

@+ ;-)

see SW 2012 file

piece_remyd.sldprt
1 Like