Aliasing a curve on a drawing

I have a drawing that shows an extruded surface whose sketch is a spline fitted on 2 lines connected by a 10mm fillet.

My problem is that on my drawing, the 10mm radius appears fragmented into 2 segments (not acceptable to leave it like that, plan for a client). I can't figure out where the problem comes from, on 3D, it's almost not crenellated.

Attached is a view of the drawing and the configuration of the slddrw and below the 3d (sldprt) and its configuration.

Thanks in advance

screenshot428.jpg

Hello

If it's really urgent, there's always the possibility of tinkering with it!

Effect the crenellated fillet and redraw a nice arc over it .

Neither seen nor known!

Fred.

1 Like
Hello By reducing the deviation or checking the box, improving the quality of the curve doesn't change anything? And the view is in high quality?
1 Like

Hi @ Benoit 

and if you put your wired resolution to the max

and your deviation to the minimum

and improve the quality of the curve by applying a higher level

this is the typical problem that we find under SW for watchmaking

after tests we say

Thank you 

@+ ...........................

1 Like

Tests done with the following parameters (see image) on the slddrw. It doesn't change anything! :/

The "High Quality" is only accessible for thread representations (I'm on SW13) and is enabled.

Edit: If watchmakers work with the same parameters as me, making slots on 10mm radii, we're in a bad ;D

screenshot426.jpg

Have you tried to make an impression with diff parameters?

@+.................

1 Like

You can try the following at home:

_dans a sldprt, 2 lines then 10mm fillet at their intersection

Chain _Sélection, Tools/Spline Tools/Adjust Spline, value 0.1mm

_Insertion/Surface/Extrusion on x mm

Room _Enregistrement and 1:1 scale drawing

What does it look like?

And when exporting to PDF or DWG, do you have the same problem?

Does your customer only want a SolidWorks plan?

1 Like

@gt22, I printed it out and it looks like on the screen. Even sharper!

This plan is intended to be printed (paper or pdf) for commercial purposes, to explain a delicate technical point (we are in pre-sales). I need something convincing (commercial) and sustainable (risk of having to modify it on the fly).

If I don't get my way, I'll use @Frédéric's proposal, but it's not the best, we agree.

1 Like

Hello

I did what you say: 2 strokes then leave, then....

At home, everything stays clean, even in the drawing!

I'm in 2014, is that the cause????

@+

Edit: can you do the indicated test and ask us on the post.

I just tried it and I don't have the problem (it's facetized, but not as much)

What is the largest size on your part? (wouldn't SW limit the facetization to avoid calculating on large dimensions)

Why use a spline? Select Chain/ Insertion/Surface/Extrusion on x mm works directly

(or I missed something)

1 Like

With the fillet tool you have a better deflection resolution

I go to 0.04604 and I'm not in the red

The image resolution at the max

and the level of detail at most 

@+ ...............

Well, I'm losing my Latin: I redid the test I proposed to you and it doesn't facetize.

But for my example at the beginning, it's always the same! :/  Note that when I remove the spline to extrude the base segments it doesn't look facetized anymore!. But I really need the spline for my movements (unless I use a method like the one proposed by @frédéric, but I like to understand what's going on for the next time!)!

I enclose the play and its drawing.

@Pascal, you didn't miss anything, I come to make a surface on a spline to be able to place a constraint between a point of a subset on this surface. It's for a cutscene.

blf_epure.zip
1 Like

Hello

A weird solution but it works on your file, switch the view to shaded more edge...

See attached image!

ombre_plus_arete.jpg
1 Like

Indeed @coyote!

The problem is that on a drawing of an assembly containing this part, I have to switch the whole view to Ombre! I can't just pass the part that causes me problems. And that bothers me (yes I know, never happy!).

But the lead is interesting! There must be a subtlety that escapes us!

Hello

It looks like a bug, it's reported on the knowledge base and this one is not fixed (Open status)

"File specific: fillet causes extra lines to display in high quality, hidden lines removed/visible (HLR/HLV) drawing view of part"

https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMethod&SWEMethod=GotoRecord&SWEService=SWGotoRecord&ViewName=SW+All+Defects+List+customerportal+-+Search&BusObject=Product+Defect&BusComp=Product+Defect&Id=1-199L2CT&SRN=

There are others by searching for "fillet drawing display".

Hello

Another solution is to convert the view to a sketch (if you're in 2014)!

@+

1 Like

@coyote

I'm under 2013. Lost ;)

What escapes me is that it's not repeatable.

This is clearly stated in the SolidWorks bug:

"File specific: fillet causes extra lines to display in high quality, hidden lines removed/visible (HLR/HLV) drawing view of part"

"Specific to certain files: a fillet displays additional  lines in high quality, hidden lines visible or removed on the part drawing".

No solution at the moment.