45° slope cube with sheet metal function?

Hello
I have to make a 500x500mm cube in 19 mm melamine panel (which will have a plastic cover to allow folding without breaking).

The machining (folding) will be carried out on a Nesting with a 90° tip that will leave 0.5mm of material.
the goal is to make the pattern of a cube (T-shaped) with slopes at 45° and then we would bend and glue the slopes at 45° to form the cube.

My problem is that I can't make my cube in 3D with these conditions with the sheet metal function (I'm in the wood and I never use it) to then have my unfolded. which I would send directly to the machine.

Could someone explain to me or have a solution to do this or send me a file with some side already realized that I would finish?

patron

The idea would be to make the cube out of folded sheet metal with a thickness of 0.5mm for the press.
Then bossing on all sides with a 45° draft for representation

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, I'll try to do that tonight and I'll let you know tomorrow morning if I get stuck

Good evening

Attached is a file that I had made for someone from another forum and that I have just adapted to your request
45° slope cube with sheet metal function. SLDPRT (211.8 KB)

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for your file it's exactly what I was looking for :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Perfect, glad I was able to help you

Thanks to ac-cobra who posted exactly what I explained above :sweat_smile:
My 3D was ready but it beat me to it.

3 Likes