Mass Accumulation

Hello

I would like to simplify several configs in which I would like to make mass accumulations.

Let me explain, I have an assembly "A" concretely a duct (part "B") in which there are acoustic baffles (under assembly "C")... The baffles are made of 3 pieces, the body, the insulation, and the sheet metal perfo ... Concerning the perfo sheet, I made a variable in the part file to give me the approximate weight (35% void). For this I recovered my mass in the properties that I multiplied by 0.65 ... nothing too complicated.

Only, in my "A" assembly I would like to be able to make an equation to recover the mass of my "B" sheath, my baffle bodies, that of the wool, as well as the result of my approximate mass of my perfos sheets.

I was thinking of using the repetition  factor of my speakers with this formula.

But I don't know how to write, at least if there are special characters to get all that...

I don't know if I was clear... So if you understand me and you know the answer, I'm all for it... ;)

Thank you;)

Normally SW does this automatically.

You "just" have to assign your calculated mass to the mass property of the part (SW-Mass from memory).

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer Stefbeno, it is true that solidworks does this automatically by taking the mass of each part integrated into the assembly. I just understood what you just said by telling me that in fact it was very simple... but not actually... because it makes a redundancy ...

Unless I'm in the wrong place, but, in global variable, I write : "masse_réelle_35_vide", in value: ="mass"*0.65 ... which gives me the real mass, only, in the properties of this part, I can actually enter in "property name" the name, "mass" (this word is retrieved by the assembly to calculate all the masses of the parts present), except that if in the rest of the table, in "expression value" I choose my variable "empty real mass 35", it doesn't put me in error except that it creates a loop and my variable recovers the mass for the calculation which is therefore distorted ... I don't know if I'm clear... I don't know if I can directly put a calculation in the file properties without going through Variable equation ... I think I'm going to create a material with 30% void... it will be easier in the end ... Why make it simple when you can make it complicated... ;)

1 Like

Indeed, the solution of custom materials is the simplest.