Short Creation Date

Hello

in fact I am looking for a creation date but short because by typing $prpsheet:"SW-Creation date" I get: tuesday 3 April 2018 15:12:45 while I would like to get 03/04/2018

Hello

Have you tried with "SW-Date Short"?

3 Likes

Hello

or even with that

$PRP:"SW-Short Date"

May the force be with you

3 Likes

Hello

Thank you for the answer. I've already tried but the date changes each time the file is opened because it's today's date, and I need a fixed creation date.

Hello and this

$PRP:"Creation date"

May the force be with you

1 Like

Hello

You can also go through link to the property.

See attachment.

sans_titre.png
3 Likes

Hello

Linking to the property does not allow the flexibility to optionally change the date manually in the properties if needed.

I think I'm going to stick to a manual creation date.

$PRP: "Creation date": I tried it doesn't work.

Thank you all

Hello

For my part, on my basemaps, I have this: $PRP:"SW-Created Date"

With this property I don't have the time that is displayed and I am in DD/MM/YYYY format

Then we integrate them by the link to property function and we can very well modify them manually (it happens to us on old plans that we modify and that didn't exist on SW)

4 Likes

"Linking to the property does not allow for the flexibility to possibly change the date manually in the properties if needed."

Link to the property allows you to do it automatically, then if you want to set it manually, you have to right-click "Edit basemap" and then set the desired date.

Otherwise, to add it essentially by hand, right-click "Edit basemap", add a Note, then right-click "Cartridge fields" and select the created and validated Note. Once back on the sheet, there is no more double-click on the Note and put the desired value.

See attachment.

1.png
2 Likes

Hello

Personally, I created a personal property in my plan that I called "creation date". I fill it almost automatically with SmarProperties. And if I want to force this date, I just have to modify it in my personal properties!

1 Like

Hi all

I'm revisiting the topic because I have the same problem and I don't have the impression that it has been solved.

I'm on SW 2019 SP3, I have in a room the date in "customize property": $PRP:"SW-Created Date".

In the drawing, a text calls for this date. However , each time SW reopens, it is formatted long with the time.

To change it to a short date, I have to add a text on my map, link to a date property and choose the short format and without displaying the time. A Ctrl + Q is good. But every time SW closes, I have to start over.

Do you have a slightly more sustainable solution?

Thank you

Hello

Did you re-register your room model after making the change so that the date appears according to your preference?

1 Like

Hello

Good question, I just checked but unfortunately it's not better.

"I'm on SW 2019 SP3, I have the date in a room as a "customize property": $PRP:"SW-Created Date".
In the drawing, a text calls for this date. However , each time SW is reopened, it is formatted long with the time "

Same problem.
I use this property in a revision table and the date changes to a long date each time I reopen...
And it is impossible to "bind a property" in this revision table.
Anyone have a solution?

When switching to revision B, SolidWorks takes the current date and "freezes it in text format".
But for the first line (revision A), I can't display the date of creation of the plan...

Hello @warner 

It would have been better to create your own post rather than using a double digging, because then you would have a better chance of getting answers. ;-)
Searching for a topic is also easier if the posts are separated.
Articles considered resolved are viewed less or not at  all.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

My request brings nothing more than the initial issue that has still not been resolved.
I think it's a shame to recreate an identical post, don't I?

Hello

The interest of creating a new post is also to be able to close it if the solution is found, thus making the solution more easily available to other users, which will probably not be the case for this one since only the person who created the post can close it it seems to me.

Kind regards

1 Like

And for "I use this property in a revision table and the date changes to a long date every time I reopen... " : to avoid this problem you have to intervene on the custom property to format it in "short date".

1 Like

Hello

I had this problem roughly equivalent.

SolidWorks takes the computer's calendar settings.

Go to the computer settings and select the format of your date that you want.

Setting: Time and language

Related settings: Date, time, and region formatting

Change data shapes