Drawing date according to the date of printing

Is it possible that the date of drawing is done at the time of printing the sheet, that is to say that only when I print my sheet, the date is inserted in the cartridge.

For example, I open my drawing, I see the date of the last printing of my drawing, or none if I haven't printed it yet.

Afterwards I modify my drawing and therefore I have to print a new version, it's when I ask my printer to take out my new sheet whether it's PDF or other, that my date changes and is set to the date of this day!

Thank you.

1 Like

Directly with the solidworks features I don't see any way to do it, eventually it must be developable via a macro I think.

1 Like

Isn't it possible to simply change the link of the date of creation by changing it with the link of the REGISTRATION date?

That way you just have to save before printing to update the date.

Otherwise to modify the date according to the impression, it is not natively managed.

2 Likes

What you can do is set the date property of the last record (see screenshot 1) so you just have to save before printing. I don't see any other solution.

capture_1.jpg
1 Like

This should also be possible with the Integration utility.

This utility allows you to create actions of any type through rules that you define.

Well, if it's just for this need for the date of printing....

Hello

In the title block, you need to create a link between the date and the "Short SW-Date" property

To do this, double-click on the text (date) and then click on the "Link to Property" icon.

Then choose the right property from the "Document in progress" list.

The date created in this way will automatically update when the file is opened and will not be linked to the date of registration.

date.jpg
1 Like

Hi all

The "Lespetitspieds" solution works well.

To sum up:

"Short date" = today's date (when the file was launched)
"Last saved date" = date of last saved (with the option to choose the date format)

Thank you all.

1 Like

Hello

The PowerPrint utility allows you to update the properties of your file. 

You will be able to link a note to the property of the drawing and each time you print, PowerPrint will update the date when printing.

In addition, with this tool, you will be able to start the mass processing on several prints.

A+

Philippe

1 Like