The proper use of the screen for your eyes

Thank you all for this information.

Very interesting subject. ;-)

Hello

I'm off topic but in the same idea (health issue) I don't want to click like crazy all day, I have pain in my fingers. To reduce this pain I invested in a 3d mouse. Quite frankly, it's super efficient, much less bad and more user-friendly to work with both hands.

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

If your screen is too close, yes, your eyes have been squinted. and this causes eye fatigue, pain, and headaches.
Move your screen back and switch to 24 inches.

Bug how do I do it with 3 24" ecean

and I don't tell you about the eyes that pull and the headache (perfect)

3 Likes

@Manu you may have 15 screens, but you only use one at a time. If you have 15 screens, you get a large one that will mainly serve you and the others that are only secondary! On your image we can see that the CAD is only on a screen! not on all three at the same time. So no particular headache!!

4 Likes

One screen for CAD + 1 screen for administration / ERP + 1 screen for Lynkoa!

And if it happens, manu has strabismus and can use 2 screens at the same time!

But hey, he's not at 24 screens yet!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2536799060_65ae91ab58_o.jpg

3 Likes

@.PL Yes, but then the one in the middle, he doesn't see anything or does anything with these functions.

No. I think manu67 has the famous 3rd eye. Invisible to the uninitiated:p

2 Likes

Some problems since a change of position solved thanks to slightly opaque curtains that lower the brightness of the room and indirect lighting on the screen

2 Likes

The one on the left is the ERP ( Enterprise Resource Planning ) for quotes and manufacturing ranges; the middle for SW drawing and laser programming and the left one is for emails and drawing under Autocad. Basically, I use all 3 almost all day...

Hello Coin37coin,

I've been working with screens for 30 years now and here's what I've noticed:

The refresh rate is important (especially at the time on cathode), but now, with flat screens, it becomes a little more difficult to adjust.

The higher the resolution, the better, even if it means increasing the size of fonts and icons.

The larger the screen, the further away you have to go. I don't think you have to turn your head to look from one corner to another (corner - corner ... lol) of the screen.

I've been working with 30 inches (76 cm) for 5 years, I stand at about 70 cm, I don't wear glasses (not yet, but that's coming) and I don't have a headache.

If you're in pain, I think it's time for you to get an eye check. You certainly have a little correction to make to your vision. It should be weak enough that you don't really notice it, but enough that it makes your eyes work excessively.

PS: At the time, on a 21-inch 1st generation cathode ray (fairly low refresh), I had a certain fatigue at the end of the day. I wore non-prescription glasses with a slightly green color filter. And it made me feel good.

3 Likes