Beginner in BE: how to determine an adjustment?

Hi all 

Do you have any general guidance or tips for determining which adjustment to use depending on the purpose:

For example, I think that an M is mounted at the mallet and P at the press? Why use one or the other?

When should you use an H7g6?

Hello,

It depends on how your pieces should be fixed in relation to each other. If they need to slip (have movement) or if it is a pin that needs to be held in place.

Typically, the difference between M and P  is explained with a pin.

Part A) in which you leave the pin in position will have an Ø in P while part B)  which is centered on the pin will have an Ø in M

Still in the case of a pin. If your piece B) is centered on A) but must have movement, you make it an Ø in H7

The pin will have a tolerange on g6

Use your GDI page 51-52. It is quite done on the issue ... And don't hesitate to ask your questions to colleagues. They too have been beginners, I can explain to you with concrete cases from your company.

Anyway, don't worry. It takes a few months of practice for all this to seem a little clearer to you.

Good luck:)

5 Likes

You can find this kind of information: http://abms.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/3.6-Ajustements-pr%C3%A9conis%C3%A9s-ABMS.pdf

This gives a base.

Then you have specialized mechanics books. It is also important to refer to the supplier's recommendations. Example bearings, rings...

4 Likes

As said above, it is still preferable to use supplier recommendations most of the time!

At the IUT we were told:

M for Mallet

P for Press

G for Slippery

F for Turning (F for Frisbee, and a Frisbee turns!)

ajustements9.jpg
11 Likes

I really like the memo-technique way of @Icrit. Especially the Frisbee:D

2 Likes

And to think that we were laughing at the beginning... In the end, it stayed in my head!

After that, it should be noted that the usual adjustments are not the only ones that can be used! The entire range of adjustments can be used (to be paired correctly)

Hello

The ideal would be to get the Industrial Designer's Guide, which lists the adjustments and also the different sizes of all the standardised parts such as the screws (as well as the associated drilling)...

3 Likes

Hello

See one of my previous courses on the subject:

http://dessin.technique.free.fr/crbst_30.html

2 Likes

Hello

+1 for the GDI, the famous Jedi who accompanies a good part of those who have gone through a DUT GMP it seems to me... It contains the basics and is a little more colorful and easy to access than the Mémotech (although less complete)

You will also find information about the different shades of material...

1 Like

I didn't even think we had it in the first place. A kind of "package" if you come from GMP

+1 for the industrial designer's bible, the GDI is one of the best bass for everything related to design with examples and calculation table.

1 Like

For a first approach, here is the simplified table to use as a priority:

http://dessin.technique.free.fr/crbst_39.html

the one with 6 values only:

Otherwise, better than the GDI, there is the guide to industrial science and technology by Jean-Louis Fanchon (AFNOR) which is much more detailed on most of the chapters than the Chevalier.

1 Like