Digital Cutting Furniture

@ stefbeno  you're right, no need to "bother" with configs. 

Is it possible to enter the species of wood somewhere in the properties? Create a material?

It seems to me that when you right-click on the configuration you can choose not to apply the constraints I think (I'm not in front of my solidworks)

If in your properties or custom properties you create a line, essence or material and you fill it in, then you create a note that points to this said properties to put in your MEP you will have the species or type of wood automatically....

2 Likes

In any case, you need to create a custom prop. Then either you create your essences as materials or you manually fill your prop.

For the difference between cleats and eccentrics (I'm not a carpenter or cabinetmaker) I would say it's the dynamic aspect of the boat: the eccentric (from my point of view) tends to matter, which can create games in use.

2 Likes

Hello

Several solutions to do what you want:

1. SWOODDESIGN module published by the French company Eficad which adds functionality specific to wood trades in SolidWorks
  2. For your interweaving, for me there are two possibilities:
    1. Nesting for numerical control, nesting to place parts in complex ways -> Eficad and SWOODCAM 
    2. nesting for digital saw, cutting only according to two axes so nesting "simpler" -> a simple nomenclature with the panel flow list sent to the saw's software and it is he who manages the nesting.

@+