Sandwich Cutting in SW

Hello, I am studying a table to do with my 2D1/2 milling machine.

The question: how to make the successive slices of my table "as simply as possible" starting from a 3D model of the table (let's say full)

Is it possible with SW to switch from the 3D modeled table and make my parts for 2D1/2 machining.

A photo is worth a long speech;)

A big thank you;)

fb_img_1513946552299.jpg
1 Like

very nice table ;-)7

yes it's possible with a little work

Once you create your table in 3D

Simply create dividing lines to create the cut-outs of the perpendicular parts so that they simply fit together

Do you have the dimensions of this table?

Nice challenge ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

The table is really nice but not too practical to put down the aperitif ^_^

1 Like

From what I can see, this table is not made in the mass but by plate association. So the solution would be to make it in assembly and then to recover the DXf of the elements to program the machining in CAD/CAM.

Very nice table but effectively for the aperitif...

1 Like

ditto for eating the knees don't pass ;-(

and even in terms of resistance

I don't see a link to the upper landing A by the window that should be installed 

you have to avoid pushing at the end of the table

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I think more that it's a kind of two-seater sofa and that the two borrows are for the buttocks

Good :)

It's a table, ok not great for the knees:) but I want to make it as a coffee table with a glass on it.

I'm going to draw the table in 3D and once I've done it, I'll come back to you to explain the dividing lines...... I don't really know what you mean.

For the assembly, OK.... but my wish is to make it 3D and then to create the 2D couples to make the cutting with the milling machine. And I would like to avoid Einstein's calculations by calculating couple by couple...... I already made a half-sheer library once and it was falère but I managed to do it (with autocad)

2 Likes

What field do you work in and under which version of Solidworks are you???

I work more in lettering, signs, logos and small flat-pack furniture. often Medium and backelite.

I'll start by making a mass part.
Then I create 2 derivative pieces, in which I insert my massive piece (insertion/piece).
In each of these pieces, I make a repeated cut (the width of the cut is the space between 2 couples and the pitch is the previous width + the thickness). It will generate X body.
Each derivative piece corresponds to the couples in a direction.

2 Likes