Printing defect not very visible under SW

Hello

I made this part which is a jet aircraft turbine input that I would like to 3D print.

My concern is that at this junction, I have a defect that is clearly visible in the print while I don't perceive it more than that with SW.

I have done a lot of tests, both under Sw and in the slicer, the defect persists.

I am attaching screenshots and the SW 2013 file.

diiity

entreedair.sldprt
capture.jpg
capture1.jpg
capture2.jpg
capture3.jpg

Hello

Your model is poorly designed, there are walls that are too thin.

Start by enabling Detect Thin Wall in the slicer. If that's not enough you should redo your model cleanly, in accordance with it.

However, exported in stl since SW2020 and opened in my slicer (Slic3r Prusa Edition) I don't have this bug. (and thin walls do not appear with the high poly version)

I'm attaching the lowpoly and highpoly stl. Test to see if it goes better in your slicer.

entreedair_0.stl
entreedair_0high.stl
1 Like

Hello

try to put a radius of 0.5 on all edges in black to see what it looks like

Sylk, the first stl _0 passes quite well on the other hand the second one.

I print in 0.4 what I have already done for a fuselage without problems like this one.

Indeed it's a problem of design of the drawing, the smoothing part17 that doesn't work, I had a hard time doing it. 

On the other hand, I opened it with 2018 it's much better.

I rarely use 2018 because of the resources of my pc, it lags.

AC Cobra 427, it doesn't work.

entreedair_0.jpg
entreedair_0high.jpg
2018.jpg

Surprising that the high poly works less well than the low poly but is.

On my side, with an extrusion width of 0.3, the High Poly is nickel (0.3 is suitable for a 0.25 nozzle, less for a 0.4 nozzle). If you can switch to a nozzle lower than 0.4 it will be easier, otherwise you have to rework the model to have walls adapted to your configuration/settings. But again, the "detect thin wall" option should correct the problem by automatically adjusting the extrusion width of thin walls. As long as you have him in the slicer.

In fact, I made a mistake, I had forgotten a guide curve which made the yellow mesh in SW not straight, moreover I modified a sketch, since then it works well.

capture1.jpg
capture3.jpg
entreedair.sldprt
entreedair.stl
2 Likes

Thank you to those who contributed

diiity