Setting the Master Cue to Create an STL File from CATIA

Hello

In order to introduce the geometry of my parts into a mechanical system dynamics simulation software, I need to use STL files.

An important point is to create an STL file with a very precise main marker. Indeed, it is the main reference point that is used for the positioning of my parts in the simulation software.

Question:

On a CATIA part where I had defined several coordinate systems, how can I define one of them as the main one?

Then, if this point is made, will the created STL file also have this same main coordinate system?

For the moment, here is the process I did but it obviously doesn't work:

1) Right-click on the desired coordinate system in CATIA, then Coordinate System Object, then Set as current axis systems
2) Save the part as STL.

Thank you for your help

Hello

The current benchmark is not necessarily the basic one. I think that the reference is the absolute reference point (1st reference point of the tree).

To move a part in relation to a coordinate system, the easiest I think is to go through an assembly:

- Create a new assembly

- Create a 1st part (empty) to visualize the reference point (fix this part to be sure that it does not move) which will constitute the reference.

- Insert the part to be positioned and place it in the desired place in relation to the 1st part

- Create the STL file

Eventually, you may need to generate a unique part first (tools=>generate a Catpart...) before saving in STL.

2 Likes