Sheet metal deformation

Hi all

I want to make a rib on a bent sheet metal (see diagram) I tried with the shape tool but it doesn't work. Radius too large for this sheet metal.

The reinforcing rib is not the entire width of the sheet metal and it has 2 plies at the ends.

Sheet metal in 20/10 radius of ~ 10 int. Thank you in advance.

piece1.jpg

Hello

Which SOLIDWORKS version are you using? Because since the SW2017 version there is the "Sheet Metal Gusset" function which allows you to make "Bulldozer" type deformations. On the other hand, you will only have the representation in fold mode, if you unfold the shape is not taken into account.

Kind regards

gousset_tolerie.png
1 Like

Otherwise, if you have an older version of SOLIDWORKS, with your myCADservices subscription, you have access to the Visiativ library downloads. In the "LIBRARIES" - "PALLET FUNCTIONS" section there are "Bulldozer" functions that allow you to create your own sheet metal ribs.

1 Like

But looking at your image showing a sketch, it looks more like a stamp. When you install SOLIDWORKS you have library files that have been installed. You can find them in the task pane (on the right side of your SW window) - Design Library - Forming tools - Ribs .

rib.png
2 Likes

Hello

Look and see; my tutorial should help you..

1 Like