Identifying defects in a polyline

Hello everyone:) 

I was recently registered!

Please I want to know how to clear the defects between the links between the lines in a polyline to correct them and make a region in AUTOCAD 2013.

And thank you:)

Hello, are you sure that your polyline is closed? When I have a problem making a region, I draw a lot of lines to separate into several regions and I start again in the area where I can't make a region and so on to find the error in the outline...

1 Like

The problem is that the polyline is probably not closed somewhere. And I can't make sure of each connection except given the number of lines!!

I know that there is a command that determines the location where the defect is... but I have forgotten it:(

Hello

Does QSELECT in English or SELECTRAP in French match?

Hello Slim,

There are several things that can cause an outline to not be closed or cannot be converted to a region:

- Either the ends of your polylines are not joined or cross

- Either your polylines are not all on the same plane (different z-coordinates)

- It also sometimes happens that the polyline has several identical points

The easiest way in this case is to use the outline creation function or "_BPOLY" on the keyboard (with the "_" in front of !!)

It automatically generates an outline of a zone (polyline or region of your choice) and accepts tolerents at the joins. We can even create holes in the regions with it.

If it can't find the outline, it will show you an error message and then tell you where the problem is (red circles).

A+

Hi all

Thank you for your answers.

@ PL.:"SELECTRAP" doesn't match the command I want.

@EricR: yes that's the command I want:) "-BPOLY" in Autocad English version and it's "PEDIT" in Autocad French version.

A+

Small correction:

_BPOLY created a new polyline from existing and preserved features.

PEDIT is used to modify an existing polyline.

And these 2 commands exist regardless of the language.

A+