Moving the tree

Hello 

We would like to move files from a prospecting folder to a customer file.

at the beginning we have a PROxxxx folder and I would like to switch to the PRJxxxx folder

but when a 3D file is put in a folder, the folder is given the folder number in which it was created.

Is it possible to move to the PRJxxxx folder and retrieve this value (via the workflow for example) to replace the starting PROxxxx ref?

so we go from PROxxxx to PRJxxxx

this is to avoid saving any files that could have been saved in the PROxxxx folder

because save as allows you to create a new 3D file and allows you to put the new reference PRJxxxx

Yours truly, 

Hello

I see two solutions, either by dispatch actions (provided that file moving is available, not the case on EPDM 2014) available in the administration interface, or by a macro from excel (having retrieved the list of files to be renamed/moved).

Hello

I'm not in front of my computer but couldn't the task scheduler do it???  

@ac cobra 427 : Task scheduler doesn't do file renaming or moving. Via macros for EPDM you can do a lot of combined actions.

1 Like

I wasn't sure about my proposal Cyril.f,  THANK YOU even if I was wrong ;-)

I'm answering myself, the file move feature through dispatch will only be available on Solidworks PDM 2017 (prerelease of the new features of the version)

So all that remains is a macro under excel.

There is already a way to move the files 

What do you mean by travel by dispatch?

otherwise I started a dispatch with read/search/name the card with the information of the new folder.

It seems to be working well. Now I'm going to add tests and error and/or validation messages.

You were talking about moving files from one folder to another via a workflow action. So by the dispatch features it will only be possible with 2017.

Indeed I talked about workflow but saying for example. If there was another solution I was a taker too.

So it works with the dispatch for now.

I have another question about this dispatch, I added a screenshot of a dispatch that I am creating.

This will be used to directly archive a file that is saved as.

The problem I encounter is that the file archives correctly but cannot be extracted since it is open in solidworks. Do you see a solution to this problem?

thank you in advance

capture.jpg

Hello

I don't think that's possible. Already for archiving I think it's a stroke of luck because normally EPDM refuses any action when a file is opened in an application. The only way to do this in my opinion would be to do a "save as and continue" (in the save options) so the safe does its actions without any problem.

On the other hand, in terms of ergonomics for users, it's not the best (looking for the new file to open after the fact).

For now I would do a tree view move via PDM

Then I rename via dispatch.

I will then see in 2017 how this is possible.