Moving a Fixed Part in an Assembly

Hello 

I would like to know if it is possible to move a part in my assembly, and if so how. It is fixed, there is the (f) in its name in the tree of creation. I have visited many similar forums before, but right-clicking no "release" option is present.  (I have the Solidworks 2020 version)

Is there another solution? Thank you

Kind regards 

Lucie Helle

Hello

More precision should be given, especially if this part is part of a sub-assembly.

In summary  (in general):
- In an ASM, only the first part or sub-assembly can be fixed automatically (in general)
- Only the first part of a sub-assembly is usually fixed.
- Only the sub-assembly or an individual part, inserted into the assembly can be declared as fixed.
- It is possible that a part has been loose in the DSB and attached voluntarily.

You should post an image of the creation tree with the whole tree developed (this allows you to see the number of parts declared fixed and especially to understand why).

Kind regards

Hello

Thank you for your quick response, the part is part of a subassembly, and it is the first part of the subassembly. 

Kind regards 

Lucie Helle

assemblage_solidworks.png
1 Like

Hello @lucie.helle0 

As it is a subset, it does not matter in the ASM.

So to solve your problem, you need to see why you need to move this part.

Sub-assembly has its own logic, it must be considered as an independent assembly.

Then you have to say why you want to move the stem support.

I have a confused impression -although you don't say anything about it- it is that one of your subsets is declared rigid instead of flexible.
see attached image (Left click on the subset then  ==> click on the icon and choose Flexible ==> validate)
I have the impression that you want to fold the handlebars in your ASM but as your sub-assembly is rigid well you can't.
I think it comes from the clevis with two pieces in triangle and the axis in tube.

If the proposal doesn't solve your problem, say what you want to do and post your ASM with   File ==> "pack and go" we'll tell you what to do.

Kind regards

rigide_vs__flexible_2021-05-09_14_24_19-window.jpg

Re

It is a school project, with the aim of creating and integrating a folding system to the scooter (already given in the project). I was thinking of making a simple system, only to fold and unfold the scooter, without a locking system, a piston ... So I created the triangles and took the tube axis from another job, and added the constraints. It is therefore necessary that the jib bracket is mobile.  

I tried to make the sub-assembly of the stem bracket part flexible, as you had specified, but it was impossible to move it. I removed the stresses from the triangles and the tube and tried again, but nothing either.  Maybe it could be due to an excess stress or the triangles and the tube?

I am enclosing my file. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards 

Lucie Helle

500_-_trottinette_lucie_helle.sldasm
1 Like

Hello

I can't open the file because you need to be in 2020 or 2021 version.

Kind regards

@lucie.helle0 

Tip: put the "blue triangles" pieces on the floor of the scooter. In other words: do not put the triangles and the machined square tube in the same sub-assembly (or the same part).

There is a universal basis, it seems to me, in basic mechanics, which would be that for there to be movement, you must have two parts.

In this near-universal rule, I obviously exclude all flexure-type movements and compliant systems.

Kind regards

Hello @lucie.helle0,

When you want to share an assembly, it is not enough to communicate the head assembly, you also need all the components of that assembly.

Please, from your open assembly, use the "Pack and Go" function..." in the "File" drop-down menu, otherwise we won't be able to help you.

Kind regards

3 Likes