Radial displacement

Hello 

I'm looking for a "dead" volume (file part with bodies and no functions) to move the cylindrical faces in a radial direction and direction. 

On the cylindrical faces there are bossoges that must follow the displacement without moving dimensions only of position.

I made a small sketch attached.

With the "move face" function I managed to move axially but not radially. 

Do you have a trick without going through the recognition of function.

A+

deplacer_radialement.docx

Hello

Why not "shift the faces" and "thicken"?

1 Like

Hello

In your case I would split the parts you want to move, I would then use move, copy the bodies and I would fill the hole left by the old location 

See SW 2016 attachment

deplacement_radial.sldprt
3 Likes

I recommend the "move face" function with the "shift" mode of movement.

Insert/Face/Move... or in molding tool

1 Like

MaD, Thank you for your example but I'm looking to increase the diameter of a body. On your example, how is it possible to increase the diameter while moving the boss accordingly.

Pierre S, as said in my message, I don't know how to move/increase a cylindrical face on the radial with the move face function. Basically, I'm trying to increase the diameter of a room. Can you approach me? Thank you

Despite your request

you have to go through a recognition of function 

it will be , it seems to me, easier 

@+

2 Likes

Here are some solutions with offset surfaces...

Edit: The Stone S method works if there are no radius associated with the surfaces to be moved. I had already posted a similar question before, the best answer was to use FeatureWorks.

2017-06-07_at_14-14-28.mp4
2 Likes

Played with the scale tool or playing with only two coordinates

As a.leblanc says, you can try with FeatureWorks to recognize the rays and volumes you need to move.

1 Like

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/l-importation-de-fichiers-neutre-solidworks

@+

The template is too complex for the feature works feature. 

I think I have no choice but to spend a lot of time on it and use several different functions to achieve this. :(((

Working with surfaces is never easy but by combining the @Leblanc and @Mad methods, in your case, it should be quite simple:
- shift the cylindrical faces (to increase the radius) and then delete the old faces  (with the "delete face" function);
- Move the surface bodies to follow the bosses.

1 Like

There is no simple solution in one function as I hoped...

I used a lot of functions and I find that it looks very DIY and not very professional :((.

In any case, thank you for giving me some leads 

1 Like

By working on a dead volume, we necessarily go beyond the pure field of action of SW (or any 3D software of the same kind), so we "tinker".

2 Likes