Unfolding Drilled Tube

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.

I have a small problem with tubes with holes in the handlebars.

These tubes must be cut on a laser machine and then formed on a digital bending machine.

Problem, the bending software deletes all the holes in the hangers when it generates the program of the unfolded laser.

So I would like to take an unfolded out of my pole with the holes causing problems.

I proceeded according to the correct method of @ac cobra 427 but with piercings, it doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Attached are the final post (with its shape matrix) and the fold-out post with the drilling problem.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

tubes.zip

Ps managed to open the tubes (SW2018) but if I understood correctly you want to make holes in a curve and develop them?

Already in sheet metal it is necessary to avoid in a bent tube, a drilling in the part that deforms, I think it is very not recommended hence the fact that the software removes it.

Yes, that's what holes in an arched part are.

But in order to limit the deformation, we would like to make Ø5 or even smaller holes in order to limit the deformation at the bending.

This will give you the position to drill manually afterwards.

Hello

Can you put us a screen print of what you want to have or a plan.

1 Like

Of course ac cobra 427 ,

Here is a zip

tube_cintre.zip

For your information, in the production emergency, I found a workaround.

But my curiosity pushes me to continue looking for a solution to this:)

Here is my piece made in 2016 with two configurations "folded" and "unfolded". You were almost there; you have to do the Ø when it's still a flat then create the "folded" and "unfolded" configurations and then convert each configuration into a tube. 

depliage_tube_perce.sldprt

I see that our msgs have crossed paths, how did you get around the problem?

Hello ac cobra 427,

Thanks for the part, indeed, it works best when the function is before :)

On the other hand, I can' t make the unfolded when I have holes in the curved part (attached).

I have the impression that since my sketch is based on the bending radius, it can't follow unfolded since the radius disappears...

depliage_tube_perce_cintre.sldprt

I'm looking for a solution. It's not easy. Because my positioning constraints are based on an arc. I'm going to spin my neuron :)

and if I find a solution, I spread it...

It's normal that you can't get the unfolded in the Folded configuration because it's a tube and the same in the unfolded configuration; If you fold it the leave and shell functions skips, but you have it via the configurations in your room. Otherwise there is no solution except with configurations like in my room and the last one you put in. You have to play with the configurations to create the MEP as you want to be a PC.

depliage_tube_perce_cintre.pdf

The goal is to have an unfolded pole with all the holes, whether they are in the straight part or in the hangers in order to send it to the tube laser.

Because when I send the step of the finished (bent) part, the ARTUBE software automatically removes the holes (or engravings) that are located in the bent parts.

Normally for the tube laser we send the part unfolded and there the holes should not blow. If you send bent with the holes, it's going to want to create a develop, which makes the holes pop.

2 Likes