Unfolded exterior - interior - neutral fiber

Hello

Here I did a unfolded on SW 2014 so far everything is fine. But then in the drawing I would like the profile of the unfolded exterior. How could I do it?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

The K-factor in the sheet metal parameters indicates where the neutral fiber is located:

K=1 ----> Neutral Fiber Outside: Outer Developed

K=0.0001  ----> Neutral fiber inside: Inner developed

K=0.5 ----> Neutral fiber in the middle of your thickness

6 Likes

Can you repeat the question? A small image, I don't understand.

An unfolded has no interior or exterior, you mean the rating of the finished model? Or the visualization cube?

2 Likes

Hello

If I understand correctly, you only want the outer outline?

You make a config with the annoying functions removed

1 Like

The unfolded profile will be the same whether it is exterior or interior.

Otherwise, you have the "Toggle view" function to have the facing on the other side.

View image

deplier.png
2 Likes

Personally I use the K factor

Which I adjust according to the thickness of my sheet metal and the bending tool used.

Generally

for 15/10th I take a V of 16 with a radius of 2.6 which gives a face K of 0.33

1 Like

With the problems of loss at the creases, a development in inner or outer dimensions is not quite the same! hence the possibility of varying its K factor according to the bending machine, according to the thickness, according to the V of bending, the material....

5 Likes

Hi @ Valentine

A picture is worth a thousand words

So post images so that we can understand what you're really looking for

Thank you

to+ ;-)

1 Like

For my information, how thick is it at what thickness?

1 Like

This is for a tube. So there is a small difference between the inside and the outside.

But the K-factor seems to be working.

Thank you all

1 Like

From 5/6 mm  you have to take into account the loss at the creases, before that it is minimal!

On our bending machine we leave the K factor at 0.1 until 8mm after we do a bending test before cutting the sheet !!

2 Likes

Hello 

I had the problem yesterday, still with my airplane wing parts. Sheet metal ep=2mm

The boilermaker asked me how my unfolded fabric was made: Exterior, neutral fiber or interior?

I didn't really know what to say to him. He told me that it was quite important.

Indeed, after investigations, I discovered the usefulness of the famous K factor.

For example, on my part, my K=0 inner unfold was 363mm and my K=1 outer unfold was 367mm.

Suffice to say that if you are not careful you can quickly find yourself with missing mm

In fact, the more pronounced the curvature and the thicker the piece, the more sensitive and therefore important it is, it is, as said above, what is called crease loss!

@+

1 Like

Hello

If you have an argro type frame so symmetrical stainless steel with 1 sheet metal bent on the 2 "symmetrical" sides, these are protected with a plastic film on 1 side (face that will be visible on the machine)

When you unfold it is important to show the outside because in cutting if you make 2 identical sheets on one of the 2 the film will be  on the wrong side

Also valid for the "vents" of the engine cases made by punching....

Thanks in advance for the solution

Kind regards

1 Like