Scroll down the selected object in the view

Hello

Following an update of my SLDREG by my reseller, in an Assembly, when I click on a part in the graphics window, the Feature Manager highlights the first level of subassembly where the component is located but stops there! He doesn't go so far as to tell me the component at the last level when it worked very well before !!

However, I do have the option "Scroll the selected object in the view" checked in Tools/Option/Feature Manager.

Anyone have an idea?

EDIT: my problem is in an assembly.

Isn't it your blocking bar that's blocking?

@+ ;-)

1 Like

@gt22

What do you mean by that?

"Activate the lock bar" is checked, but it is only used in rooms, right? I unchecked it to test but it doesn't change anything.

It may not have been clear but my problem occurs in an assembly!

It looks like a bug!

Do you have a copy of the old SLDREG?

If you don't want to apply it, you can compare them with Winmerge for example, but it's a bit tedious.

1 Like

Locking bar works for parts or assemblies

you're in an assembly and you can only select the first level, right?

You can't select your lower level sub-assemblies

look at this link from our friend 

http://www.mycadblog.fr/ouverture-de-gros-assemblages-dans-solidworks

Maybe a large assembly checkbox option that leaves only the first level accessible?

TELL US ALL ABOUT IT

@+ ;-)

No @gt22, we didn't understand each other,

In a multi-level assembly (an assembly in which there is a subassembly itself composed of a part for example), before, when I clicked on a part in the graphics window, the part was highlighted in the Feature Manager and if necessary it unrolled the subassemblies that contained it.

Following the change of parameters (SLDREG file) it highlights me only the first level (in my example the sub-assembly) but no more.

I thought it was the "Scroll Selected Object in View" option that handled this, but it doesn't work. Could it come from a corrupted SLDREG?

@Lucas: it may be a way out, but it may be laborious!

Look at this link too

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_DEFINE_DISPLAY_STATE.htm

@+ ;-)

Have you tried unchecking the "Scroll down selected object in view" box and restart SW, then recheck and restart again?

Maybe you just need to remind SW that he has to unroll the object well!

@gt22

I'm in 2013 and I'm opening my assemblies in resolved. The problem is the same with just a few parts!

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_VISUALIZATION_TOOL_HELP.htm?id=d2ce66d2d57f497baa4f70f6f6dc4d72#Pg0

Assembly Visualization tab

From the Assembly Visualization tab , you can classify components based on their custom properties and enable a color spectrum that reflects the relative property values for each component.

To open this tab :

Click Assembly Visualization (Tools toolbar or Evaluate tab in the Order Manager) or Tools > Assembly Visualization.

The Assembly Visualization tab in the FeatureManager Design Tree pane contains a list of all the components in the assembly, initially sorted by file name. There are three columns :

• File Name
  • Quantity
  • Property (initially Mass)

Click a column header to sort the components by that setting.

Pimples

/ Flatbed/Nested ViewAllows you to switch to a:

• Nested display, in which subassemblies are indented
  • Flatbed view, which ignores subassembly structures (similar to a parts-only BOM)

/ Show/Hide Value BarsAvailable for numeric properties. Allows you to disable and display value bars. When value bars are enabled, the component with the highest value displays the longest bar. The length of the members can be calculated relative to the component with the highest value or relative to the entire assembly./Grouped/Ungrouped ViewAllows you to switch to a:

Bulk view

Groups multiple instances of a component on a single row in the list. The Bulk View is useful for displaying property values that are the same for each instance of the component.

Separate display

Lists each instance of a component individually. The Unbundled View is useful for displaying instance property values, such as Fully Constrained , which can be different for different instances of the component.

If an instance property has different values for different instances and is displayed in bulk view, its value is indicated as ***.

Sorting widget

The sort widget shows which columns control the sorting of the list. 

The direction of the widget indicates the sort order:

Ascendant

Descendant

Click the column header to reverse the sort order.

If the sort widget is for only one column, you can click the column header to sort the components based on this property.

If the sort widget is for multiple columns, you can add or remove settings from the sort hierarchy by right-clicking a column header and selecting Add to Sort Hierarchy or Remove from Sort Hierarchy. For details, see Sorting a List with Multiple Properties.

Component icons

The icons in the list indicate the following information:

PartSubassemblyDescription

A single-occurrence component.

A component with multiple occurrences, all displayed.

A single-occurrence, hidden component.

Component with multiple occurrences, all hidden.

Component with multiple occurrences, some shown, some hidden.

Enable/Disable Color

Enables/disables the color spectrum when you click the vertical spectrum bar. 
@+ ;-)

@Lucas, I tested by restarting SW , unchecking/checking the option and it doesn't change anything (I also checked that I didn't have another SW blocked in the background by the command manager.)

@gt22, what are you getting at? There you tell me an additional tab, I'm talking about the basic tab "FeatureManager Creation Tree".

14 April, 2014 - 11:28 | /!\ Report this review

@Lucas, I tested by restarting SW , unchecking/checking the option and it doesn't change anything (I also checked that I didn't have another SW blocked in the background by the command manager.)

@gt22, what are you getting at? There you tell me an additional tab, I'm talking about the basic tab "FeatureManager Creation Tree".

Watch customize control tool button assemble viewer

which allows you to visualize assembly components by custom properties

It will allow you to see what is in your sub-assembly that you cannot open and if it is active so selectable and therefore openable

If you make a selective opening you stay at the first level it's normal from what I was able to conclude

@+ ;-)

it's the option "Scroll down the selected object in the view" that handles this.

I tried unchecking/checking to see the effects.

On the other hand, when the option is unchecked, it doesn't highlight anything in the tree.

You have a "between the 2" functioning

1 Like

Selective aperture, is it for complex assemblies? However, as mentioned above, I am in resolved, fully resolved, basic functioning of SW.

It's not easy to understand each other between northern and southern Bretons! ;-)

That's what I think @Pascal! The c.. between 2 chairs, not very comfortable. Fortunately it's an SLDREG that comes from my reseller!!

A way to put it back on its feet without redoing everything? In terms of regedit?

Are you in your ASM in view of the constraints?

"Show constraints and dependencies"

If that's the case, that's what can block!

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_displaying_components_fmdt.htm

2 Likes

Perfect @Lucas of the first shot!!

At the same time, it kicks me out of this folder where all the functions were grouped together. I didn't like it!

And so is it normal operation or is it a bug for this function?

1 Like

Good question, bug or normal operation...

I had already been confronted with the problem a long time ago!