Permanently disable the visibility of a part in BOMs

Hello

I know how to disable the visibility of a part in a BOM (without needing to hide the line) but I can't find how I could permanently disable the visibility of this part every time I import it into a new assembly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

SW2016

Hello

To my knowledge, the "exclude from BOM" function only exists for parts that are part of an assembly, info that is stored in the assembly so I think that what you are asking is not possible.

Kind regards

5 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

I'm unfortunately afraid you're right. It's a shame that we don't have an option in the configuration properties to exclude it from all BOMs.

My example: I have 2 parts to assemble 2 cells in barage but we buy them in batches (only one reference), so I am forced to deactivate the visibility of one of the 2 each time I have these cells. The same goes for cylinder rods that I isolate to facilitate the movements of an assembly.

1 Like
Impossible for the moment. You would have to make an improvement request to add a property that would automatically exclude the room in question... Sorry :-(
2 Likes

Hello

In this case, depending on the organization in your company, I would tend to create 2 codes, 1 for a set of 2 used in the purchasing department and 1 for a unit part for the stock issue.

You can also create an assembly with the 2 cells (which corresponds to your purchased reference) and make configurations for their positions according to the use cases.

Kind regards

6 Likes

Hello

Maybe you can try this:

You create an assembly of your 2 pieces (leaving your freedom of movement). You exclude one of the 2 parts from the nomenclature, then in the properties of your assembly configuration you make "promote". From there, when you retrieve your assembly from your cells and you take out a 1st level BOM, only 1 part of the subassembly appears. And you can put it in "flexible" mode if you want to move a cylinder.

Good luck

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers.

To respond to certain proposals, the nomenclatures will not be made at the first level, too many sub-assemblies.

To put in a sub-assembly and make position configurations, there are too many varaintes and it's still more complicated to position the parts without putting them on their support. Worse, there are cases where the transmitter is in one assembly and the receiver in another. It makes me think that I have exactly the same case for the cable chain ends.

And finally, it is the same department that manages purchases and stocks, they only want the manufacturer's reference.

I will see how we can make a request for improvement.

Thank you again to all.

On some parts, we create position configs, with an excel, it goes very fast, and even allows us to complete it in the future according to future needs.

The flexible ASM solution works, but you have to remain vigilant, using it too much can lead to unstable ASMs.

Otherwise, a trick is to manage "unique identifiers" in Solidworks (it's related to working with a 3D library to config).

For an example of a 2-part component (fixed mobile), create the corresponding configs (one mobile, one fixed).

A config of the complete set remains optional, to see how we want to manage it, or limit the risk of error.

In the fixed configuration, you assign the Brand + Reference.

In the mobile config, we assign "ERROR"

or "ERROR - part name"

or "ERROR - Brand + Reference"

As a result, in the bills of materials with the appropriate setting to work with the configs.

This allows you to have an alert when you set the bill of materials, when you forget to exclude a component.

Thank you Olivier.

Indeed for the moment what I have done is that on one of the 2 pieces I have put as a reference "TO DELETE".

Thank you again to all.